Old 01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
chad407

Horror comics...

Okay, I have to 'fess up. I have come to pimp. But pimping something I think you guys are going to dig. Now, I'm working with the comic publisher Studio 407 and I came on the board a few weeks ago towing the company line with our book, the Night Projectionist. I worked on the book as the editor, and I'm proud of it. For those of you who checked it out, thanks.

But this time it's personal... this time... it's MY book being thrown out there. I'm here to tell you about Netherworld, a little story about political intrigue, covert military operations, distant worlds, characters compromising their principles... oh, to hell with this...

Alien zombies.

The book is about alien zombies. A research scientist is abducted by the military for a covert mission on a hostile planet under alien control where all of the inhabitants have suddenly fallen dead.

I have to say, that while I'm biased, I'm very excited about this book. I was actually kicking around a novel idea and was trying to describe the creature concept in the story to a friend and made the off-hand comment, "well it's not like they're alien zombies or anything..." And I stopped. And I thought, hmm.... that would be kind of awesome. Alien zombies. Hell, I gotta write that! And suddenly, Netherworld became my obsession. Everything else that I had been writing, planning to write or thinking about writing, got put to the side and I started hammering the keyboard like a mad person. And Netherworld came out in a flourish of alien body parts, humans running for their lives and lots and lots of blood.

So, check it out...

http://studio-407.com/microsite_nw/index.html

Jazma calls "Netherworld": "Intense!"
Broken Frontier says "It may be the best small press sci-fi book going."

You can pre-order "Netherworld" now by using the Diamond order code: DCD item # JAN094420

Thanks!