Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 05-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

Wow!

Read 'em all . . . .

Man, that is really *fantastic* stuff! Keep up the great work!

I would love to see what you guys could do with an adaptation of one of my stories.

Seriously -- damn fine work. Keep it up!

James Newman
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 05-21-2004, 03:52 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Hi!

Used to read Creepy, Eerie and Tales from the Crypt.

It has been a long time since I read comics though. Are these even around anymore? Loved them at the time!

Probably Tales is still there........would like to find these again now that I think about it.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:30 PM
BMXICAN

Just bumping this thread back up for some of you guys that have never seen this one....This guy has some good stuff on his website check it out.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 12-22-2004, 07:51 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Read up to the video game one, most of them are amazig! Thae art is phenominal in all of the, I just didnt care for a few of the stoies....but overall, amazing! Great job man, Ill read the rest tomorrow
Old 12-22-2004, 09:06 PM

Re: Are you a fan of horror comics?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Weisbrod
Hey all... now that my schedule is slowing down a bit I though I'd stop in an pimp somethin' real quick... :D

If you're a fan of horror comics, I'd be honored if you'd check out www.nightmareworld.com and let me know what you all think...

We post eight-page horror(-esque) stories of various genres every mointh at the rate of two pages a week every Thursday.

We have everything from Lovecraft to Marilyn Manson to samurai's versus ninja's to a slasher-pic parody to giant radioactive monsters dukin' it out to... well, you name it. :p

We're in the middle of our 15th eight-page story (we post two pages a week every Thursday), and, well, we'd all be flattered if you came and checked it out, told your peeps about it, and let us know what you thought. :D

Besides... it's all FREE! :p

www.nightmareworld.com

Thanks everybody!

Best wishes,
Aaron
Wrong Forum!! I am Moving you to Comics.

LIFES A BITCH THEN YOU DIE!!
Old 12-23-2004, 05:55 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Wow!

Just read the rest of them, looking forward to more, keep up the awesome work!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Undead

Red face Thanx!

Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone... as well as for moving this thread to the proper forum! :o

NIGHTMARE WORLD is still going strong and will be for the foreseeable future... so fear not!

We're taking this week off just to relax (the first time in two years! :eek: ) but we're starting our next story next THursday on January 6th! That's plenty of time for all ya'll to get caught-up if you haven't read the stories... or at least been to the site recently. ;)

Oh... we also *FINALLY* got around to sort of doing a "Best Of..." anthology collecting three stories from the site as well as a new eight-pager written by me and illustrated by Josh Ross -- you can find out about it (and order a copy of your own) from the front page of the site! :D

Again, thanks for the kind words everyone! If you dig the work everyone is putting into the site feel free to spread the word to your friends! :cool:

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod
Old 01-05-2005, 04:00 AM
toonmom

I just finished reading the first two and they were great. The artwork is terrific and the stories are full of suspense. I look forward to reading the rest.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Undead

Question It's a small world after all!

Quote:
Originally posted by toonmom
I just finished reading the first two and they were great. The artwork is terrific and the stories are full of suspense. I look forward to reading the rest.
Hey! Thanks for the props, Toonmom! Greatly appreciated! :)

The first two as in "Momma's Boy" and "You Oughta Know" or the first two listed at the top of the site? ("Sleep Now in the Fire" and "The Same Deep Water As You")

Eiether way, thanks for the nice comments! :)

By the way -- I live in Toledo as well! WHOA! What are the chances of that? :p

Drop me an e-mail some time -- we'll have to talk. ;)

Best wishes,
Aaron Weisbrod

P.S. -- By the way, our next story starts TOMORROW, Thursday January 6, 2005. It's the first part of another brand-new story -- one that's gonna feature A LOT of HUGE monsters... you have been warned... :D

Last edited by Aaron Weisbrod; 01-05-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:29 AM
toonmom

Wow, a fellow Toledoen!
The first two as in Mama's Boy and You Oughta Know. I really look forward to reading the rest.