Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Backyard Waterfall

A brand-new creature.

Here's a photo of a creature from a sequence I am working on, more details as the project develops. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:17 AM
My little brothers

Pretty strange, interesting to see the final result.
Good luck with it.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Can you dig it ?

Very cool. I wish I could post pic of creature and myself from film I've been working on, but director has asked me not to let it be seen until film is out. I will say we have similar hair though LOL
CK
Old 05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Damn cool....really damn cool!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Evil Dead

Is that stop motion or something you are making in a CG application? I need to find someone who can make stop motion models so I can stop making short clips that look like they belong on Robot Chicken.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:26 AM
Little Angel

When if comes to stop-motion... You should give it a go your self. Stop motion animation is not as hard as it looks. It *is* tough, but most of that can be solved with good documentation. If you are Ray Haryhausen and can keep it all in your head, then you're a special person, but most animators simply have a sheet where they block out what they are trying to do, and then record how they are doing it and at what phase they are in. Literally - arm bends up 3 frames, leg moving forward 2. If you are interested we can go deeper into actions reports and 'x-sheets' if you try to get into the creatures making sound, especially dialogue.

You can use digital still cameras, and you can load the frames into a computer and see how you are doing.

I'd suggest shooting on blue or green and later compositing them into the scenes you are working on, rather than trying to do them in a miniature background or over projections of live footage. You have more control over it that way.

If you are worried about armatures - you can dissect and carve up existing toys for their joints.

A simple hint would be to take 2 of your fav figures and sculpt a nasty shell around it with plastacine, and make a mold of it. Then cast that mold in silicone over your second (or third or fourth). A good hobby store will give you the basics of what you need for molding. Expect to throw out your first 5 or so.

Give 'em a good shake in front of a still camera. Use locked off cameras, don't try to move the camera and the figurine. Wait a long time for that. James Cameron started doing miniatures. It's a great way to get experience with animation. And it will translate into 3D CG animation when you are ready for the leap!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:47 AM
I'M 37!!!

That creature looks kick-ass! Do you have a name for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
whatever gets you through

I love the face - especially with no mouth - will it really have no mouth in the final version? - I think it really adds to the otherworldly look (and the big red eyes).

very impressive!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Undead

Pretty cool creature! Kinda reminds me a little bit of the monster in THE KEEP...but with wings.