Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 AM
Fear scented candle

Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people :)

FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS
INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter’s bedroom, police said.
Police responding to a call from the city’s northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.
Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl’s bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home’s layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.
The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl’s mother phoned 911.
Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally.
‘‘If a person breaks into your home, you are justified in using deadly force in defending your family,’’ said Mount. ‘‘In this situation, I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down.’’
Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.
Police said Meyers lived with his mother and had recently lost his job.
The death is under investigation and will be reviewed by a Marion County prosecutor.
‘‘Nobody wins,’’ McNally told The Indianapolis Star. ‘‘It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also.’’
He said his daughter went to church Sunday after the incident.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS
INDIANAPOLIS — A convicted sex offender died Sunday during a struggle with a father who found the naked man in or near his 17-year-old daughter’s bedroom, police said.
Police responding to a call from the city’s northwest side about 3:20 a.m. found 64-year-old Robert McNally on the hallway floor with his arm around the neck of 52-year-old David T. Meyers, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount said Meyers had a heart condition and may have had a heart attack. An autopsy was planned.
Police said Meyers was naked except for a mask and latex gloves and had entered the home through a window near the girl’s bedroom with rope, condoms and a knife. He was familiar with the home’s layout because it belonged to a relative, police said.
The girl awoke and screamed when she saw the man in her room, police said. The father responded and struggled with the intruder while the girl’s mother phoned 911.
Police did not anticipate any charges against McNally.
‘‘If a person breaks into your home, you are justified in using deadly force in defending your family,’’ said Mount. ‘‘In this situation, I don't think he was trying to kill him, he was trying to hold him down.’’
Meyers had served 10 years in prison for criminal confinement and sexual deviate conduct and was wanted in Boone County for failure to register as a sex offender. He was registered as a sex offender in Marion County.
Police said Meyers lived with his mother and had recently lost his job.
The death is under investigation and will be reviewed by a Marion County prosecutor.
‘‘Nobody wins,’’ McNally told The Indianapolis Star. ‘‘It's a lose-lose situation for everybody. He has family also.’’
He said his daughter went to church Sunday after the incident.

Well, at least the girl was ok and justice was served...even if it ended in death. Although I wonder how this will go in Court.:confused:

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D
Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
Like the article said, a person is justified in using deadly force to defend their family in his or her own home. And given the circumstances I can't imagine any jury on the planet ever convicting McNally.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Chat Noire View Post
Like the article said, a person is justified in using deadly force to defend their family in his or her own home. And given the circumstances I can't imagine any jury on the planet ever convicting McNally.
When I heard the story on the radio, they said charges werent even going to be brought against him.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

sounds like a win-win to me ... one more piece of shit off of the earth and no taxpayers have to shell out to keep him in a prison.

dad has the satisfaction of knowing he did everything he could to protect his daughter successfully (and other daughters) from a life scarring event.

Imagine how the father would have felt had his daughter been raped by this garbage while he slept unaware.

good riddance - i would have ripped his head off.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Fear scented candle

I can only imagine there wasnt even a hint of "Accident" in his death. If that was my kid, the cops would have been horrified by the state of the assailant by the time they arrived. between Bree and me, there woudl probably be chunks and limbs missing. Not to mention his head would have changed shape.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

bump..............