Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Evil Dead

Anyone dig Paul Naschy?

Am I the only moron out here? I even read his book? Anyone...huh? (please....)
Old 01-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Evil Dead

I haven't seen too many of his films... probably two of the Valdemar Daninsky werewolf ones... and one of my favorites, Horror Rises from the Tombs. It's sooo bad but it's sooo good, in an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink way, somewhere between Black Sunday and some sort of half-assed zombie film.

Can you recommend any of his other films?

Don't you think Naschy looks like John Belushi?

Don't you love the way the werewolf is continually snarling?

What does he say in his book?
Old 01-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

His book is called Memors of a Wolfman. Hilarious title. It's a pretty neat take on Spanish horror, and he spends a lot of time talking about his wrestling days. Horror Rises From The Tomb is cool. I found it on DVD for 5 bucks, but it's faded and cropped to hell.

Werewolf Shadow relased by Anchor Bay is probably the best, in my opinion. It's original title was Werewolf Vs The Vampire Women, so that kinda says all you need to know. Hunchback of the Rue Morgue is also cool, as is Hanging Woman. I heard he made a Daninsky/WW2 movie a few yrs back, but if he did, I can't find it.

He does like to snarl, and he's always drooling.

Remember on some other thread a guy was looking for the name of a werewolf movie that starred someone who looked like Richard Ramirez, and I think it was you who told him it might be a Naschy movie and asked if anyone was in it who looked like John Belushi? Anyhow, the guy asked who John Belushi was!!! What the hell? That cracked me up. How can someone know Ramirez but not know John Belushi?!?!?!?!?! Truly weird.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Remember on some other thread a guy was looking for the name of a werewolf movie that starred someone who looked like Richard Ramirez, and I think it was you who told him it might be a Naschy movie and asked if anyone was in it who looked like John Belushi? Anyhow, the guy asked who John Belushi was!!! What the hell? That cracked me up. How can someone know Ramirez but not know John Belushi?!?!?!?!?! Truly weird.
Yeah, that was me and I didn't reply to him... Jake Blues? Bluto? Send that kid to Movie Boot Camp.

Just don't say 'oh yeah, Jim Belushi's brother.' Cringe.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Evil Dead

Jim Belushi's brother...that's funny. A friend of mine had a strange dream in which he was in the future and asked someone who Britney Spears was, and they said, You mean President Jaimie Lynn's older sister? Guy's even a joke writer in his sleep!