Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Old 12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Horror Fan

'Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark' Coming to the Big Screen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4383335.html

Quote:
All those late nights that children of the '80s and '90s spent curled up with a flashlight, reading "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark," will finally get a new life in the form of a movie. That's right, everyone's favorite childhood fright-fest is heading to the big screen.

Deadline.com reports that CBS Films has accepted a pitch from "Saw" writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan to transform the classic short stories into a movie that centers on a set of outcast kids who work to save the town when their nightmares become a reality.

Alvin Schwartz wrote three "Scary Stories" editions, each released between 1981 and 1991. Based on folklore and urban legends, the American Library Association named them the most frequently challenged books of the '90s and the seventh most frequently challenged of the 2000s.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Wanna Join?

I've seen them around, almost picked some up just for the art work but wasn't sure it was reflected in the stories.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
I've seen them around, almost picked some up just for the art work but wasn't sure it was reflected in the stories.
They align pretty well, at least to my recollection.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Wanna Join?

Good to know. Next time I see one I'll pick it up. Maybe tomorrow at the big library book sale I've been salivating over for the past seven months or so.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 AM
mostly ghostly?

Man, this is huge. I read these books countless times growing up. I hopehopehope it doesn't suck.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Man, this is huge. I read these books countless times growing up. I hopehopehope it doesn't suck.
Exactly how i feel. I loved those books growing up. If done right, it'll be terrifying

Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Evil Dead

Smile

Omg yes, yes, yes! I'm so excited for this!!! I was talking about these books during Halloween, I'm so glad they're doing this!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Yes! Yes! Yes! I've been waiting for this forever! I just hope they consider doing stories from all THREE books instead of the first ones. They could do an anthology series, such as Tales from the Crypt or Tales from the Dark-Side. Obviously, they will need to release it on DVD.