Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-08-2006, 01:38 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dead End

Wow. I never thought that I'd be creeped out by someone singing Jingle Bells. This right here folks is a great, scary, intelligent horror flick. Ray Wise always does a great job, and this time he headed up a whole cast of above-average actors. The characters were pretty good, though I'll admit that Richard AKA "Comic Relief Jackass" got on my nerves pretty quick. The plot was very, very good...borrowed a bit from other movies, but overall it was pretty original. There were some very tense moments, and I will admit to being more than a bit freaked out near the end. The twist at the end wasn't too hard to see coming, but it was still very well done and leaves a lot up to your imagination. There was one thing that bothered me though. Films such as the original Amityville, Blair Witch Project, or even the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre profited from not showing the viewer everything they wanted to see. In those films, it was done very well and created a lot of tension. That doesn't work for this film though...at one point, they're all standing around something commenting on how disgusting it is. The camera is looking up at the family from the "thing"'s point of view while they all stare at it, not done well at all. That wasn't a huge problem though, it didn't happen too often. One thing that didn't bother me, but would bother a lot of people was the pacing. This movie is VERY slow in parts, however it needed to be. If you don't like slow movies, this might not be for you. Overall though, this is a very creepy and atmospheric movie that comes highly recommended by me. Check it out!

9/10
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

giornata nera per l'ariete
Old 04-08-2006, 04:45 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Epoch: Evolution

Having watched and enjoyed Epoch last week, I was looking forward to this. It wasn't too disapointing, but the first one was definatly better. The actors were actually worse than in the first, which is quite a feat. The plot was somewhat interesting, but once again not nearly as good as the original. The director took this in a much more religious direction, which I think was a very bad idea. The introduction of Mason's kid was a horribly contrived plot point, that lead up to a horribly predictable conclusion. It wasnt all bad though...the Torus's looked as good as ever, and I quite liked the idea of an "evil" Torus. Overall this is worth watching if you're a fan of the first one, but dont be expecting much.

5.5/10
Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Evil Puppy

Scarecrow

At least it was cheap...
Old 04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I'M 37!!!

Air Force One- 4/5

Not too bad for an action flick on a plane. These usually don't go over too well for me.

Currently watching Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Nothing beats a classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Banned

the candy snatchers
Old 04-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Skeleton Key....I really liked this one...Kept me guessing...I had a little over half of it figured out before the end, instead of ALL of it in 15-20 minutes....So, yeah...Really good

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 04-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Scary Movie 2

Bulworth

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 04-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Misanthrope

Meatballs II

:D it was really crap. Liked the bit with the guy smoking dope with the alien tho.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:18 AM
Banned

chris rock - bring the pain cant go wrong with chris rock ..(his stand up - at least)