Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
There's this Halloween thing they do in Vegas every year called freakling Brothers. It is 40 or $50 to get in but they have 500 houses and live music and halloweeen carnival games and a bunch of other stuff. If I was going to go to a haunted house I would rather go to the saw escape room. I think that would be so much more fun.
Sounds cool.

There's an amusement park in Valdosta called Wild Adventures that does cool Halloween stuff every year. One time they did a cannibal hillbilly theme with actors coming out the swamp trail to scare you with chainsaws and pitchforks. You might have liked it!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Evil Dead

So...I got myself together a little bit...gonna try and drown some of my sorrow and grief this weekend and then go to Day of the Dead on Nov.2. Gonna pull out the Tux, bring a 7day candle, get a good facepaint job done, and join the procession. I'm gonna scatter some ashes on the streets of the city where Mrs.DBT and I met.....Part of me don't want to go....Part of me feels bound by tradition. So fuckin' cathartic.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
So...I got myself together a little bit...gonna try and drown some of my sorrow and grief this weekend and then go to Day of the Dead on Nov.2. Gonna pull out the Tux, bring a 7day candle, get a good facepaint job done, and join the procession. I'm gonna scatter some ashes on the streets of the city where Mrs.DBT and I met.....Part of me don't want to go....Part of me feels bound by tradition. So fuckin' cathartic.
Man that has to be tough. I can think of no better way to honor her memory so then for you to do that for her. After all, in the traditional sense that is what El Dia de los Muertos is all about!
Old 10-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

When I die I want my body donated to medical science or my organs harvested. Since I am not able to contribute anything to this world in life at least I would feel better about dying knowing that my body can potentially be used to save lives and make the world a slightly better place for people.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:09 PM
Banned

I really want to start working on my book but due to being a procrastinator and just waiting for the right time for me to be inspired. I can't just sit down and start writing unless I am feeling it. I have the ideas but just not the motivation
Old 10-23-2018, 11:35 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Don't stress on it too much. It's not easy writing a book but when the time is right you'll be able to write it.

I really liked your ideas and thought they were interrsting. What did you think of my idea?
Old 10-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Banned

I like your idea although I kind of knew what you were getting at since you told me first what you wanted to write about haha. You should give it a shot as well. I actually had a vampire Novella published back in 2011. My contract expired in 2016 and I had no desire to renew it because. If I can get this onedone I am going to send it to an agent first. I would like to think with all the twists and turns this could be a great southern gothic horror Story
Old 10-24-2018, 02:15 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I really want to start working on my book but due to being a procrastinator and just waiting for the right time for me to be inspired. I can't just sit down and start writing unless I am feeling it. I have the ideas but just not the motivation
Writers say they have a specific time of day they write. They know there may or may not be inspiration any given minute, but only one way to be sure. Then once they have an outline, they may work on 'less inspirational' details of the book when there isn't a certain type of inspiration writing itself, that is, editing the inspired writings (rewrites of grammar, wording, etc). Or at the very least they just write some uninspired text because it's good practice, establishes the routine and skills, and you don't have to use everything you write.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

I have a process where a do the outline in my head and if there are small details I want to use I will write them down but I like to have the entire outline in my head and at least a subplot or two. After writing the above comment, I actually wrote a few paragraphs a few hours ago. The Story begins at a funeral and I wrote a eulogy that is delivered. I am constantly going back and editing while I am writing when I get a little stuck. Then when I am done I go back through Andre edit again. Then I go back and read it and check for any mistakes I might have missed before. Then when I am happy with it I let a few willing people read it and let me know what they think or if they spot any errors or have any ideas that I like. That's what I did with my vampire book, The Blood Reapers. The only problem was every process I did I rushed because my girlfriend at the time was pregnant and getting close to having the baby when the book was accepted by damnation books. I rushed finishing the book and editing it because I knew once the baby was born, which I played for 2 years to, I would have no free time for quite a while to work on the book. This one is different. This time I have all the time in the world and I feel this is such a better story than the blood Reapers.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I have been successful in abstaining myself from my usual hypersexual activity for four days now. I've never been able to do it this long before and I am actually proud of myself. I think that maybe it is possible to quit a nasty habit with a little willpower and a desire to not want to do it again.