Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by _____V_____
Its an all round winner. (although nothing can beat Vegas at night)

Hollywood, blah, its ok, but it aint THAT great. Not much to see there cept studios and Beverly Hills in the distance. There are some really excellent clubs, but thats bout it.
I liked all the sightseeing in Hollywood. We went & checked out the bowling alley they filmed Big Lebowski at, the Nightmare on Elm St. house, Beverly Hills, etc... We didn't even go to the studios while we were out there except for a Jay Leno taping. We did run in to a couple celebrities too. (That's probably my favorite thing about Hollywood. The random celeb. sightings.)

We bumped in to Macy Gray at Amoeba Music store, Adam Sandler at Barney's Beanery & John Crier (Ducky from Pretty in Pink & now he's on 2.5 men with Charlie Sheen) at The Troubadour.

Vegas rules. I'm a very avid poker player so I absolutely love it down there.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:49 AM
For Vendetta

I ve been there many times. Also, I mentioned somewhere in some other thread, the only on-screen time I had was in Michael Bay's Armageddon, when I was in the crowd cheering Bruce Willis's crew. That came, courtsey of a friend who knew Bruce, and introduced me to him. That guy's freaking awesome!

Its a great place to get mementos. I got plenty of em from studios who had discarded em from classic movies, such as the pumpkin from Halloween, Alien's head made outta some sort of synthetic thingy, posters, autographs etc. I framed one of Marilyn Monroe which I was able to pick from Universal.

Speaking of celebrities, if you go to Maine, make sure to stop by SK's house at Bangor. If the guy is at home, he is more than accomodating to meet his fans. I got invited to lunch with him, and also gave him some gifts. His wife, Tabby, is really nice too.

I m out. Its gonna be another long day tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 AM
No charge for awesomeness

I was an extra in Little Big League when I was younger. That was my only onscreen time in a studio motion picture. (Not counting The Cabin, which hasn't been released yet and is independent, not studio.)

Also when I was a kid, I got a 2 callbacks for the part of Danny Devitos son in Jack the Bear but I didn't get the part.

And that Tim Allen movie, Joe Somebody... They filmed the last scene of that right across the street from my house in St. Paul. Me and my friends sat on my front step and drank beer & watched them all weekend. That was pretty fun.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Hey...Congratulations V...And Scouse Mac :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 06-09-2006, 04:58 AM
For Vendetta

thanks a lot BR.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:05 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Vegas! Vegas! Get yer mom and dad, her mom and dad, a few of yer close ones, and have Elvis marry you. It makes for the fact that it's a short dream period. You could make a weekend of it and have stories for the grand kids.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Haunted
and have Elvis marry you
I am to busy for that sort of carry on
Old 06-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Grrrr.....

Send a message via Yahoo to ENTITY2000
congrats! always remember, she's always right, no matter what!!!!!!!!!!;) and everything will be great:D
Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Ssh...did you hear that?

Send a message via Yahoo to Miss Olivia
Congratulations! Getting married is great, and everybody should do it at least once....although I've already done it twice:)
The last time I got married we did it in Lake Tahoe, and I gotta tell you, Vegas is great but Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places in the world. It's only an hour's drive from where I live and if you like gambling and good food and romantic stuff, you need to check it out before you die. The lake is currently about 96 percent pure, which means it's like looking into a crystal....and you can even swim in it, if you can deal with the chill....Honestly, I love the east coast, because that's where I grew up, but when it comes to epic blow-your-mind scenery, there's nothing like Northern California. Yosemite is one of the great must do's here too, and a lot of people don't know this but there's actually an awesome hotel in the Yosemite valley, right in the middle of the park. If you get the money(because it's SUPER expensive) that's the place to camp....
Let your bloodline feed my youth
------------------------------
Ssshhh....did you hear that?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Banned

Re: Wedding Bells

Quote:
Originally posted by _____V_____
This is my 1000th post, and its a special one.

I m getting engaged on 13th June, and married on 5th July.

:)
RUN...RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE! ......ummm...hee,hee...I mean congratulations.