Old 12-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
No, it doesn't make them better. Actually I think alot of movies would be alot better without nudity...it's usually not necessary.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Banned

this certainly has turned into a guy/girl issue.

Guys in general cant get enough nudity. Speaking for myself - i love the way women look and if they are naked .. well even better.

Girls are raised thinking its wrong .. for all kinds of reasons that i wont bother going into.
So its now part of their programming that nudity = bad.

Here's the rub :

I will fully admit that 90% of it used in horror films and certain other genres is gratuitous and exploitative ... yeah .. well so is the violence.
These are exploitation films folks.

What i find odd is that someone can be ripped in half, stuck with a machette like a coctail olive, beheaded, stabbed, etc etc etc .. and thats ok ..

but a bare breast in the shower and all of a sudden its exploitation ?
Gratuitous violence is every much as exploitive as nudity - it just appeals to (i hope) different sensibilities.

sex and violence ... have been in bed together as long as time.
I'm sure that with a bit of study i could tell you some profound psychological reason why ...but i dont have that info right now.

Personally i dont like my sex and violence at the same time ...i find that disturbing.

Horror fans have come to expect nudity in certain types of films withing the genre ... its like knowing there will be swearing in a ganster film.

I wont get into the nudity is natural deal either because it doesnt wash with horror films .. nothing is natural in a horror film ..

but thats why i like european dramas over the american ones .. americans (generalizing here) are so hung up over nudity its childish.
They avoid it at times that are rediculous .. as in the scenes when it would be far more natural to be nude than not.

Bottom line .... whats more disturbing ... gratuitous violence, or the naked female body ?

if you said the violence .. i suggest you see a doctor because your moral code is severely fucking damaged.

Last edited by urgeok; 12-08-2004 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:49 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Just cause Sam hasnt been here yet, Ill do this for him