Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-25-2014, 03:06 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
The Man from Planet X

I enjoyed this movie but i feel like they could've done more with it. Due to the location it seemed really small and the original plot of the new planet coming closer to Earth didnt seem to matter anymore once the alien arrived. I get that it was just a precursor to the real plot and obviously thats what it's really about (It is called THE MAN from Planet X and not just Planet X) but it seemed like a big deal that should've been featured more. They also seemed to be confused on what they wanted to do with the alien as they seemed to shift his motives for being there and seemed like they just werent sure how to get there. The cast was good though and the alien was interesting looking (Sorta like a deformed Mr. Freeze.) Ultimately i enjoyed it but it wasn't one of my favorites from the decade.

6/10
-------spoilers--------------------
I agree, they could have done a lot more with the story they started. I was really loving it through the part where 'the bad guy' got alone with the alien and started threatening the alien to coerce him into revealing all his technology. That should have been the film right there. But they go elsewhere, and it seemed unfocused to me.

Fantastic cinematography. Love the design of the alien and spacecraft.

George Lucas gives a homage to the Planet X Man in Star Wars Ep 2 with the Mech-alien species that turns it's chest knobs to adjust it's voice.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:14 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I Vampiri (1956)

Very early Italian Horror. Great watch. Mario Bava and Riccardo Freda.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:14 PM
fanged menace

THE INNOCENTS 1961

very enjoyable ghost story, deborah kerr is in fine form and both kids are very creepy

EYES WITHOUT A FACE 1960

couldn`t find an english language version online to watch so watched the original french language one instead, fantastic use of tension and suspense, great soundtrack and settings, very enjoyable even tho i couldn`t understand a word.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Evil Dead

EYES WITHOUT A FACE is fantastic...incredibly creepy and the surgery scene is still hard hitting. Found my copy with subs from Video Screams.com.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Gore Whore

Madhouse 1974 love me some Vincent Price <3

shit wrong thread sorry!

God I suck, the last was freaks, 1932. Grew up on that movie!

Last edited by Raegan; 12-30-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:20 AM
ventricle

Witness for the Prosecution 1957

7/10

Lots of fun, funny, plus murder mystery and court drama. Has Marlene Dietrich. On Netflix.

I'm watching Anatomy of a Murder next. Surprised I missed it all these years. Also on netflix.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:17 AM
Evil Dead

Really like both of those, especially ANATOMY.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:45 PM
ventricle

Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
9/10

Jimmy Stewart, George C Scott & a young Lee Remick (The Omen). In a murder trial, the defendant says he suffered temporary insanity after the victim raped his wife.

This is how a court drama is done. Thoroughly entertaining and interesting. Just a personal note, although I really like big band jazz, the jazz score seemed jolting & disjointed from some of the scenes, especially in the beginning.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Witness for the Prosecution 1957

7/10

Lots of fun, funny, plus murder mystery and court drama. Has Marlene Dietrich. On Netflix.

I'm watching Anatomy of a Murder next. Surprised I missed it all these years. Also on netflix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
9/10

Jimmy Stewart, George C Scott & a young Lee Remick (The Omen). In a murder trial, the defendant says he suffered temporary insanity after the victim raped his wife.

This is how a court drama is done. Thoroughly entertaining and interesting. Just a personal note, although I really like big band jazz, the jazz score seemed jolting & disjointed from some of the scenes, especially in the beginning.
Great films indeed, love court room dramas too.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:14 AM
病気の

NOTLD68, 10/10

The movie that hooked me and made my love for horror! George Romero is a god! The zombies in here are the best..still creepy as fuck.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, 1920. 9/10

The sets in this film were amazing! I wanted to live there. I totally felt comfortable with this film. I usually don't connect with silent movies but this kept me mesmerized.