Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2015, 12:48 AM
The Uncanny

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920). The print was terrible, but terrific to see it finally.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Evil Dead

DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE (1941). While I still think the 1932 version is superior, this is better than I gave it credit for initially. Very good production value and performances, especially luscious Ingrid Bergman who is wonderful here and quite tragic.
Spencer Tracy is OK in the title role, but all I could think of was an on set visitor asking "Which one is he now?". ***1/2
Old 07-07-2015, 04:12 AM
Horror > Everything

I Walked With a Zombie
Old 07-13-2015, 01:21 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Invisible Man
*spoilers in white*

I'm just gonna confess it I REGRET SO MUCH PASSING THE COLLECTION UP LAST HALLOWEEN. But when I have to choose between Frankenstein with three movies including the Wolfman, I have my priorities. THIS YEAR THOUGH. I'll fix that this year.
/digress

Claude Rainsssss
Dayum he was a looker in his younger days. Shame you only get to see that lovely face for a slit second for his death scene. Anyway I did see PART of this once some time ago. But I was in desperate need of watching it from beginning to end. I read the book too way back in high school so I don't remember much to compare them, but shit this movie isn't labeled a classic for nothing!

FANTASTIC acting by Claude, I grew nostalgic for his role in Phantom of the Opera. His not so steady decline into insanity was much fun to behold, with an evil laugh that is a bit contagious. But I about died on the trouser scene.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Evil Dead

THE INVISIBLE MAN is a absolute classic...scary, wonderful FX, humor which is actually funny and a top grade performance by Claude, one of my favorite actors. He is buried in Holderness NH, about 15-20 miles from where I live
Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE INVISIBLE MAN is a absolute classic...scary, wonderful FX, humor which is actually funny and a top grade performance by Claude, one of my favorite actors. He is buried in Holderness NH, about 15-20 miles from where I live
Agreed 100%.
Damn that's awesome, Frye. If you ever make your way to his resting place, give him my respect.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Agreed 100%.
Damn that's awesome, Frye. If you ever make your way to his resting place, give him my respect.
Will do...have been there twice and lovely little cemetary it is. You can see a photo of it on FIND A GRAVE.COM
Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Horror > Everything

Enjoying Barbara Steele in Black Sunday. Practically flawless work from Master film maker, Mario Bava. Even after many watches through the years, my eyes are still riveted to the screen.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 PM

The Black Sleep
Rathbone, Chaney, and Lugosi! Oh my!
And even John Carradine. With such a cast how can I possibly say 'no'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Enjoying Barbara Steele in Black Sunday. Practically flawless work from Master film maker, Mario Bava. Even after many watches through the years, my eyes are still riveted to the screen.
Watched that not too long ago myself. Quite enjoyed it, must give it another watch. If only to hear that line.
"You have no reason to fear the dead. They sleep very soundly."

Old 07-25-2015, 11:58 PM

Invisible Invaders
Considering I don't much care for zombies or aliens, this was actually entertaining. The narrator was a little unnecessary. Or at least it didn't need to be so dramatic. It was obvious in how much danger the main characters and the rest of the world were in. Ending was hammy.