Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
Has anyone seen Haxan? Its from 1922, Sweeden. Has to do with Witchcraft...
Yes, a lot of people have seen that movie. It has some great imagery in it. I'm pretty sure you can download it from the Internet Archive.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
HDC Idol

Now, mind you, when I think "Scary," I think "made me jump..."

When I think "Scariest Foreign Movies," I think:

ASIAN HORROR
  • Ringu - The original film was really damn creepy; even though I had seen the remake first and knew the story, there were some scenes that still totally creeped me out. The remake was crap and not scary at all; it felt like a bad "thriller"
  • Ju-On - Definitely a creepy film (though TBH I liked the remake better; I feel as though director Shimizu was able to add an editing eye to his original film when he moved it overseas
  • Rinne - Also an underrated creepy little JA movie by Shimizu - This is definitely a gem
  • Shutter - Great jumpy little Asian gem - Doesn't really do anything new in terms of Asian ghost movies, but it had some parts that made me jump (plus I watched it alone in a hotel room, which I'm sure added to the affect)
  • The Maid - Not a perfect film, but I thought it was well done and I actually really liked the insight into the Chinese Hungry Ghost festival

I can go on and on about Miike and Chan-wook Park, but the question is about "scares," so...

FRENCH HORROR
  • Inside - Really good home invasion/slasher film - Absolutely horrifying and I can't express how good this film was
  • Ils - Another good home invasion movie - Not as gory as Inside, but I found it quite suspenseful

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
does the passion count as a foreign movie as it's in hebrew? its a great horror
Huh? I thought it was a comedy?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Living Dead

The original Nosferatu and The Innocents and Mario Bava's films are among my favorite foreign horror films, also anything with Barbara Steele. Shes a fox. Also there are some very good Mexican horror films from the 60's that are scary and well made.

Last edited by hueyisme; 04-21-2011 at 06:20 PM.