Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-30-2015, 05:59 PM
病気の

The Hive, 2015. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Pretty interesting film, shot in a somewhat Memento {2000} style. The cinematography was alittle odd, no single shot lasted no more than ten seconds, add the flashbacks and the blacklighting and it sure made you pay attention to gather all the information and figure out this film. I liked it.

Thumb resize.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Evil Dead

"Iron Sky" (2012)
Plot: IMDB
In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.

Phantom's Review: This has got to be one of the most ridiculous movies ever made, yet it's surprisingly entertaining.. some good acting, decent FX ,plenty of humor and some sexy girls. It's a real "Leave Your Brain At The Door' movie, but it's plenty of fun.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Pinup Dolls on Ice (2013)

>>: C

I Spit on Your Grave 3: Vengeance is Mine (2015)

A pretty good sequel to the 2010 remake of Meir Zarchi's cult classic.

>>: B+

Gravy (2015)

>>: B-

A Christmas Horror Story (2015)

Not great but a decent horror anthology of 4 interwoven stories.

>>: B

Last edited by roshiq; 10-01-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:10 AM
病気の

Hatchet, 2006. 7/10

Old 10-02-2015, 06:28 AM
Evil Dead

FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS (2006). EXCELLENT Clint Eastwood film about the Iwo Jima flagraisers with great acting and harrowing battle sequences. *****
Old 10-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Evil Dead

The Crying Game 10/10
Old 10-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Evil Dead

Digging Up the Marrow 2015

A horror movie film maker receives some information from a man who claims to know there are real monsters and where they are. Its shot in documentary film style.

The main character Adam Green is played by...Adam Green. I'm assuming he's not playing himself, if he is he's a fair sized asshole. But I believe its acting and done well. The opening of the film is talking to various people at a horror con(s?) about why they like monsters. I think this takes away from the film. The feel of the segment doesn't match up with the rest of the film.
The acting is decent, again Adam Green doing a very good job of bring an unpleasant person. Ray Wise is also very good as the person who brings the story to Adam Green. Mostly the film is entertaining, but I found myself wanting the film to stop focusing on Adam Green's reactions to everything. While his character is played well, its too much of someone you're not meant to like. I do not want to say much because the premise is a man wants to prove there are monsters and anything I might say could indicate if it ends up being true, a hoax, a little of each, etc. Its worth at least one watch, I'd recommend it. $3.99 at www.vudu.com.

6/10
Old 10-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Evil Sweat

Deathgasm (2015)
Fuckin' A!

Thumb resize.

Good casting & acting, fun references, great blood & gore (mix of practical and CGI I think), original kills, bit of nudity, good jokes,... And ofcourse heavy metal!
If you don't know much about metal music, some of the jokes will be lost on you. But if you can enjoy bloody horror comedies in general, I'm sure this can entertain you too.

Btw, the movie's from New Zealand. So that's another good one from down under.
And apparently this is the debut for the guy who wrote and directed this. I'm certainly looking forward to his future work.

Last edited by Baron Von Marlon; 10-02-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:19 PM
病気の

Exeter, 2015. 6.5/10

Thumb resize.

Exeter was pretty entertaining. Brutal, yes merciless. lol It took place in a filthy disgusting asylum with a bunch of drug using dirty kids, it was gorgeous. I mean some were splattered with brain matter and still walked around drinking and getting high. Fuck. Bits of CGI dusted this film but it didn't matter. I'm going 6.5. Wanna go 7 but some inane dialog and scenes. Best exorcism by internet ever.

Thumb resize.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Exeter, 2015. 6.5/10

Exeter was pretty entertaining. Brutal, yes merciless. lol It took place in a filthy disgusting asylum with a bunch of drug using dirty kids, it was gorgeous. I mean some were splattered with brain matter and still walked around drinking and getting high. Fuck. Bits of CGI dusted this film but it didn't matter. I'm going 6.5. Wanna go 7 but some inane dialog and scenes. Best exorcism by internet ever.
Yeah it looks great. I think i'll watch it tomorrow.

Tags
movie