Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Banned

rent some better friends when you rent the movies :)
Old 11-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Decidedly Unstable

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
rent some better friends when you rent the movies :)
LMAAO!!!

EDIT: Oops! Too many "A's." I guess I'm laughing my, ummm...Aardvark ass off!
Old 11-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Banned

i now have a completely unwelcome image in my head of you snuffling up ants with your ass ..
Old 11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Decidedly Unstable

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i now have a completely unwelcome image in my head of you snuffling up ants with your ass ..
Old 11-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Horror Fan

Re: House of 1000 Corpses [Spoilers, Please]

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
This movie sounds really awesome. But I asked my dad, and theres no chance I get to see this one till I can pass for 18, or get some friends that can.
It's not any worse than TCM.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
My mom made me watch RHPS when I was 9. As soon as House of 1000 Corpses came out she knew me well enough to take me...17 now...ah, I need id.

Great movie though...well...good movie. If you really tried I'm sure you could get away with watching it. Try coming up with a rational explanation as I used to die my hair various bright, unnatural colors. "Mother this is merely a phase I'm going through. Not paying for the hair die not only squelches my individuality but also causes me to place bad associations with your role in my upbring." She handed me a twenty and some bleach. You can bullshit your way through life if only you put a little effort into it.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Banned

After being hyped as "the return of hardcore horror", House of 1000 Corpses was a massive disappointment.

Sure, there were good bits - Sid Haig, most of the "family" members, the casual murder of the policeman, lots of screaming and surreal imagery... but the blatant tributes to the likes of TCM and The Hills Have Eyes leaves one with the impression that copying the style of these original classics is the only way to try and stand out from the current safe mainstream offerrings.

It isn't - murderous nutty Texan families have been done to death, and Corpses breaks no taboos, steps over any boundries or even has a single truly memorable set piece to offer.

Still, one of the better movies of the past couple of years.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Scares Little Kids

maybe coz im a newbie to horror but when I watched "House.." i was truely disturbed for a few seconds after. I loved the way that it was so far from a happy story & focusing too much on the victims characters in the story..instead they replaced this with what I found true barbaric scenes. I loved the family, that they mixed disturbance with comedy really well because too much weirdness would have made the film seem tacky whereas characters like Dr.Spauldling and the tall family member(forgot his name) kept a sense of humour element intact. Or perhaps it was all down the fact I wasnt expecting much, me and my gfriend were totally bored one day & I saw that it was directing by Rob Zombie I was interested by this, obviously I rented this knowing that it was a horror but I did not expect what I found...ha either did she.

IMO this film is not a classic, although I strongly enjoyed the film, if you want to see something different do the best you can to see this movie, if it doesnt bother you to miss 90 minutes of torture then dont worry, aside from that you arent missing anything legendary.

***Spoiler***

As for Dr. Satan(what a crap name) he was heavely disapointing, he was part organic part machine & just tortured people, he is meant to be a legend in that local town & to be honest I forget the connection that ties the family with him.
But if you meant Spaulding, well..he is the key character in my eyes.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:38 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Thank you Ghost, you have came the closest so far to telling me what I wanted to know.

But Id still like any and all info on the familly, I dont care much bout some, but any spoiler info about Spaulding, Otis, Dr. Satan, and especially Tiny would be apricated.