Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Evil Dead

October Draws Near...

Throughout the month of October, I like to run a sort of self-movie-marathon. Watching 2-3 horror films each and every night of the month; and restricting my watching habits to ONLY horror. I'm looking for a list of about 50 or 60 horror titles that meet some of the following criteria:

1. Takes place on Halloween.
2. Takes place in Fall / October.
3. Revolves around traditional Halloween symbols
(ghosts, Frankenstein's monster, witches, pumpkins...)
4. A tense and heavy atmosphere.
5. A majority of it takes place within the dark / at night.

So far, here's a list of things I deem must-watches during the month:

Halloween (original)
Halloween II
Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Night of the Demons
Night of the Demons II
Night of the Demons III

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Black Christmas (original)
The Evil Dead
Friday the 13th
Sleepy Hallow

Hocus Pocus
Ernest Scared Stupid
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Monster House
Halloweentown

---

I watched all of aNoES last October. I don't care to sit through pt. 2 or 6 ever again. I am considering these:

The Funhouse
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Slaughter University
Fangoria's Blood Drive I & II
Going to Pieces
House of 1000 Corpses
Satan's Little Helper

Any recommendations? What is YOUR tradition?

Halloween & Halloween II back-to-back from 9PM-Midnight is mine.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Sleepy Hollow!!!!!! It's got jack-o-lanterns, blowing leaves, autumnal foliage, gothic/creepy houses, witches, blood, heads flying everywhere, a burning windmill and Christopher Lee!

and Going to Pieces is a great, fun horror documentary, but even better is American Nightmare from IFC films

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dungeon of Harrow - I watch this one every Halloween. It's got a special place in my heart.

Otherwise, I'm going to try and do the same as you this year: restrict myself to 100% horror for the whole month. I'm looking forward to it...I've kind of been drifting away from the genre quite a bit lately, so it'll be nice to re-immerse myself :)
Old 09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

I'll agrre with Rod on Going to Pieces......great documentary...I haven't seen the other one he mentioned.

Also agree on Funhouse......great atmosphere in this one.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Pumpkinhead and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown are the only two I know for sure I will be watching on or near Halloween, because I do every year. The last couple of years it has been Pumpkinhead followed by Halloween the night of.

But I watch quite a bit of horror all through October, and usually nothing but horror the week of. I'm thinking this year, along with what I have already mentioned: The Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, An American Werewolf in London, Black Sunday, Black Sabbath (I have pretty much been saving Bava Collection vol. 1 for this time of year) and A Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm hoping also that TCM will run The Black Cat ('34) and The Wolf Man because I don't have copies of either yet, and I want to watch them this year. Not sure how much I am going to be able to spend on movies before then.....*sighs*