Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
MojoBfly

Movie title, please help!

It's been bugging me like crazy! It's like a song that just won't leave your head! :o

Anyone remember the movie from probably late 80's to mid 90's, something about a guy who goes to a town with a strange symbolic name (like Evil, Jericho, Fate, Curse, Hell, etc) and there are people who live in this deserted town, but they are easily burned by the sun and scurry around in what I remember being something that looked like old ruins? They would come out in daylight, but only if they could avoid the sunlight directly, they also wore rags for clothes. I don't remember much about this movie, except for some reason this guy was drawn to the town (and the name had something major to do with the plot) and he was becoming one of them (I think)... I don't think they were vampires or had any special powers- but I could be wrong about that, and something about them all being branded sticks out about it, too. I vaguely remember it being set in modern times but somewhere isolated like New Mexico or Texas. Also, I think one of the other people in the plot had horns on his head?

Does this ring a bell with anyone? It's been driving me NUTS!! I think it was something that USA channel played alot on Sunday afternoon, or maybe even TNT. Please let me know if anyone remembers this movie, thanks in advance!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
MINION OF GOZER

Could be Troll 2.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
MojoBfly

I don't think so, I am almost positive the name of the town is the name of the movie. It wasn't a slasher movie, but something more of a man vs. god plot- something like they lived in that town because they were being punished or were banished from their lives. Or maybe even that they were living in that deserted town because they lived on the edge of this world and hell (or another world?)... It's such a fuzzy memory! I think the guy ended up saving them all and they either returned to normal or the gate of the two worlds was closed. Wish I could be more specific!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
No, fuck YOU

Could be australian..
Old 09-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoBfly View Post
It's been driving me NUTS!!

Said the pirate with the steering wheel in his pants.

Anyway, I thought it might have been Near Dark, until your second post. Now, I'm not sure.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:48 PM
MojoBfly

Oh! It hit me, I have some more info....
The deserted town was not really a town after all, it was really a graveyard or underneath it was a graveyard. There were all of these monsters/demons living/hiding out there. In particular, a mother (who looked like a gypsy-with a thick accent) and a daughter; the daughter was playing outside one day, got caught in the sun and due to her almost dying, she started to turn into her other "form"- she looked like some kind of dog/cat crying in pain. They saved her by running out into the sunshine just in time and brought her back into the shadows. There were other types of monsters there, too, but again, the name of the town would help with the title. I don't think it was a werewolf or vampire movie, but remembering that scene, now I am not so sure...

Does this sound familiar to anyone?!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:57 PM
No, fuck YOU

Nightbreed

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100260/
Old 09-20-2008, 03:00 PM
MojoBfly

Thank you! NIGHTBREED is it!!!! Just double checked, saw a clip on youtube, and sure enough, thats the one. Omg, it's been in my brain all day long--phew! LOL Thanks to all for your help, I appreciate it! :D
(Sorry for the lame descriptions my poor brain was giving, hehe!)
Old 09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoBfly View Post
Thank you! NIGHTBREED is it!!!! Just double checked, saw a clip on youtube, and sure enough, thats the one. Omg, it's been in my brain all day long--phew! LOL Thanks to all for your help, I appreciate it! :D

That's right. Who's your daddy!!!

Tell the world. :cool:
Old 09-20-2008, 03:13 PM
MojoBfly

Hehe, thanks again... Dunno why I was so hung up on the town name, it was Midian, had nothing to do with the movie name. No wonder I couldn't figure it out! If only I would have remembered it was Clive Barker, too, that would have helped out tons, lol.... O Well, least I don't have that tip-of-the-tongue feeling anymore :)

Many thanks! ;)