Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2012, 07:00 AM
For Vendetta

Fantastic film. Recommended.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 AM
HDC Idol

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)

Hmmm - I'm going to be honest. I really liked the the first movie in this series - Not only was there the compelling character in Lisabeth but there was also a really compelling story - It was a damn good mystery/thriller. But Girl Who Played with Fire just doesn't have as engaging a story, which doesn't really give Lisbeth much of a chance to be a badass (which, COME ON is the reason why I tuned into this)... I DO like that you get a glance at Lisbeth's past, but I was hoping that that would be revealed through another well-done mystery/thriller. The ending was OK though I probably would have been pissed had I seen it in the theater as it's obviously queuing up for the third film.

Also, the pacing is AWFUL - I was... kinda bored throughout. :-/

2.5/5

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)

Man, with exponentially exciting titles you would THINK that Lisbeth's tale would just get more and more thrilling... But... No... While the movie focuses on Lisabeth's past, there's still no real interesting story to propel it forward. We're set with a rather complex Conspiracy tale with rather lame Big Bads. Not to mention, Lisabeth spends the movie either in the hospital or in jail so there aren't any badass moments for her to be seen. And Michael Nyqvist as Mikael Blomkvist was just plain flat in this film.

I have to say that I'm incredibly disappointed in the latter two thirds of this trilogy; I was hoping that there would be two more tales of Lisbeth's badassery, but the stories are boring and don't really give her an opportunity to show off her awesomeness as in the first movie. Maybe the books are better? Dunno; haven't read them.

2/5

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

Hmmm - I'm going to be honest. I really liked the the first movie in this series - Not only was there the compelling character in Lisabeth but there was also a really compelling story - It was a damn good mystery/thriller. But Girl Who Played with Fire just doesn't have as engaging a story, which doesn't really give Lisbeth much of a chance to be a badass (which, COME ON is the reason why I tuned into this)... I DO like that you get a glance at Lisbeth's past, but I was hoping that that would be revealed through another well-done mystery/thriller. The ending was OK though I probably would have been pissed had I seen it in the theater as it's obviously queuing up for the third film.

2.5/5

Man, with exponentially exciting titles you would THINK that Lisbeth's tale would just get more and more thrilling... But... No... While the movie focuses on Lisabeth's past, there's still no real interesting story to propel it forward. We're set with a rather complex Conspiracy tale with rather lame Big Bads. Not to mention, Lisabeth spends the movie either in the hospital or in jail so there aren't any badass moments for her to be seen. And Michael Nyqvist as Mikael Blomkvist was just plain flat in this film.

I have to say that I'm incredibly disappointed in the latter two thirds of this trilogy; I was hoping that there would be two more tales of Lisbeth's badassery, but the stories are boring and don't really give her an opportunity to show off her awesomeness as in the first movie. Maybe the books are better? Dunno; haven't read them.

2/5

Maybe you'll get to see more of her in the remakes.

I've only seen and read the first one and i already found THAT one utterly boring.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

2.5/5

2/5
Well that's disappointing. Haven't gotten around to them and was hoping they were as good as the first.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Nat94

Just watched Anti Chirst, scarred for life, crazy lady.. I'm sure I wouldn't be walking about after what she did to herself. Now gonna watch Grave Encounters.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Fantastic film. Recommended.

Haven't seen them! Thanks for the recs, man :)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Evil is Better

I tried looking up Lemara but couldn't find it. Is that how you spell it? I'm not very good at reading cursive.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:38 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Haven't seen them! Thanks for the recs, man :)
Thanks to Angra for the former, and The_Return for the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I tried looking up Lemara but couldn't find it. Is that how you spell it? I'm not very good at reading cursive.
Lemora.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070300/

http://www.amazon.com/Lemora-Childs-...eywords=lemora
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Evil is Better

Thanks V. It sounds good.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:21 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Maybe you'll get to see more of her in the remakes.

I've only seen and read the first one and i already found THAT one utterly boring.
Yeah, whereas I wasn't a huge fan of the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo I'm kinda hoping that the American versions of the second two will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Well that's disappointing. Haven't gotten around to them and was hoping they were as good as the first.
I don't want to completely turn you off; I think that some folks on here liked them so it could have just been me... They're all on Netflix Instant if you have it and haven't lost interest.

May (2002)

One of my favorite movies... Not sure if it's possible but it somehow gets creepier every time I see it. HIGHLY recommended if you haven't seen it.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!