Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Evil Puppy

Night of the Living Dead 3D

Has anybody seen a current release date on this? I'm always curious when I see a "re-imagining" of a film coming out. I thought it was going to be the original in 3D but it doesn't seem that way. Oh, and why is Joshua DesRoches playing Ben? Sig Haig's going to be in it too... this could go either way.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I'M 37!!!

This is all I've got for you Despare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
i can't wait! I just hoped today that they would remake this soon... And I REALLY hope that the zombies are fast like in the DOTD remake... That would be INTENSE for this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally posted by Posher778
i can't wait! I just hoped today that they would remake this soon... And I REALLY hope that the zombies are fast like in the DOTD remake... That would be INTENSE for this movie.
God I hope not... that would be the final straw. Slow zombies create much more tension especially in a situation like the original NotLD. What would fast zombies bring to the table anyway? Would they run around the farmhouse instead? I saw the IMDB thing (that's how I found out that skinny white guy would be Ben), I just hope it's good... it will either be great or horrible I think.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Despare
Slow zombies create much more tension especially in a situation like the original NotLD.
ur my new hero
Til one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere, and you've forgotton what shit even looks like.
Welcome to the Layer Cake, son...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I agree that they create rising tension, but, if any of the people wanted to, they could casually walk out of the farmhouse, out of the woods, and out of everything without a single cut on them. And thats a fact because i've seen the remake and original, and people were 2 feet away and safe. Also, people said that about the remake of DOTD, and it turned out spectacular. Plus, the zombies don't run everywhere... just when they spot something they want.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 PM
GRAVE DANCER

In this film Barb and her bro arrivate late for the burial of their aunt only to flee zombies and get rescued by a local college student. They then seek refuge at a nearby farmhouse, where they spend the rest of their days/

RELEASE DATE

March 17th *Limited Release*

DETAILS

- The film will get a limited theatrical release starting in January '06 and go from city to city, slowly expanding as time goes on.
- 15 CG shots to the film will be in the film.
- The film is currently in post-production, working out the sound and CGI-effects.
- It's said that this film is a "re-imagining", but also remaining faithful to the original. It's also said that it'll serve as somewhat of a starting off point from the original.
- Dean Jones and Starr Jones and their American Makeup and Effects Company handled the extensive special makeup effects.
- Yes, this film is in 3D.
- Robert Valding wrote the script for this update.
- A remake of the classic 1968 George A. Romero film.
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Evil Puppy

Thanks Ravage, so it is supposed to be this year still. GREAT!

Also Posh, if the zombies were runners they simply wouldn't go outside because it wouldn't be possible. So you'd have zombies doing sprints around a house they can't get into right? I don't know, there's probably a good way of doing it with fast zombies but I don't think the location is conducive to runners. Just my opinion though.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Misfit

Quote:
I agree that they create rising tension, but, if any of the people wanted to, they could casually walk out of the farmhouse, out of the woods, and out of everything without a single cut on them. And thats a fact because i've seen the remake and original, and people were 2 feet away and safe. Also, people said that about the remake of DOTD, and it turned out spectacular. Plus, the zombies don't run everywhere... just when they spot something they want.
you aren't thinking about it in the right perspective.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 02-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
you aren't thinking about it in the right perspective.
Maybe I'm not. Can you explain your thoughts on it? Do you have a certain scene or two that plays out in your head? I'm willing to think about it but like I said, if the story and settings will stay faithful I just can't imagine a scene where runners will be better except for maybe the initial chase into the farmhouse. If you have a scene in your and don't want to post it, PM it to me, I'm interested.