Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Cannibalistic Witches In Cameroon

Man-eating sorcerers detained in Cameroon
Monday 25 August 2003, 17:10 Makka Time, 14:10 GMT

Witchcraft is still commonplace in parts of West Africa

The spectre of witchcraft is hanging over a murder and cannibalism trial in Cameroon, where a series of deaths have been linked to gruesome rituals.

A group of eleven suspects have been arrested for murdering and eating the organs of 17 people in black magic ceremonies, according to a local newspaper.

The 11 members of a secret society "ate up their victims in a mystical way at night after having become invisible," the Nouvelle Expression newspaper said, quoting police sources.

An investigation was launched in February in a village close to the town of Abong-Mbang, east of the capital Yaounde, where the lifeless body of a woman was found with several organs missing.

The victim's husband filed a complaint with the police against one Joseph Mekomo, accusing him of sorcery.

Mekomo admitted to the charge and said another 11 witch doctors were involved. "We have already killed 17 people," he said. Mekomo died shortly after his arrest but the 11 others were rounded up and the victim's missing organs recovered.

Witchcraft is commonplace in Cameroon, mainly in the southern and eastern parts of the country where the courts handle such cases as a matter of routine.

Last year Cameroon's football team were accused by Malian military police of using black magic to weigh the odds in the semi-final of the African Nations Cup against the host nation.

After their goalkeeping coach was wrestled to the ground for allegedly dropping a magic charm on the pitch, they triumphed over Mali and went on to win the final.

Cameroon's minister for sport, Bidoung Mpkatt, sought to play down the witchcraft incident at the time. "I hope it was an individual error on the part of the policemen involved," he said. "But if it's something more than that we will take appropriate action."

Before the tournament, CAF had banned witch doctors and their work from the African Nations Cup, explaining, "The prescription against so-called team advisers is to distance the tournament from presenting a Third World image. We are no more willing to see witch doctors on the pitch than cannibals at the concession stands. Image is everything."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 01-28-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Banned

sounds like an MST3K episode
Old 01-28-2004, 03:58 PM
I Am Violence

that is sick.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..cool
Old 01-28-2004, 06:41 PM
willows mommy

that is sick....really sick

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

if we had witch doctors at the U.S. games it would make me more interested in sports!