Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 PM
病気の

American Sniper, 2015. 9/10

Thumb resize.

Bradley Cooper was just amazing.

Birdman, 2015. 8/10

Thumb resize.

Keaton is such a great actor.. Fantastic film. Norton was awesome aswell.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:17 AM
Evil Dead

I want to see American Sniper soooooo bad!! It looks amazing!!

Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 PM
fanged menace

coming home

a hunting trip goes wrong and a feud between 2 families escalates. a very slow to start with coming of age movie, beautifully shot with some great performances from a small cast. 8/10

not really watched too many movies this past week, its been a slow one.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:50 PM

THE DESCENT PART 2 2009

A traumatized young women helps a search team find the group of friends she left behind while exploring caves.

The sequel is definitely more "Hollywood" than the first.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
THE DESCENT PART 2 2009

A traumatized young women helps a search team find the group of friends she left behind while exploring caves.

The sequel is definitely more "Hollywood" than the first.
That's probably the most accurate way to describe that one.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Evil Dead

CRAWLSPACE (2012). Despite a lot of scenes that reminded me of other films, really enjoyed this low budget Aussie release. Quirky and audacious..think I'll give it another spin after I do some shoveling today. ****
Old 01-29-2015, 03:22 PM
No, fuck YOU

Not a lot of good horror flicks coming out at the moment, huh?

Just unwatchable C-flicks, if you ask me.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 PM

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY 2010

Documentary on the making of "Nightmare on Elm Street". Enjoyable watch running at about 45 mins long.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:31 PM
ventricle

The Interview
5/10

Quote:
Dave Skylark and producer Aaron Rapoport run the celebrity tabloid show "Skylark Tonight." When they land an interview with a surprise fan, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, they are recruited by the CIA to turn their trip to Pyongyang into an assassination mission.
It was on Netflix, so I checked it out. Lots of people like silly & crude humor entertainment, like a buddy of mine... if something crude is being said or done, he's lovin it. That & fast talkin insults... cable shows Archer, Venture Bros, Eastbound & Down, he's there 24/7. Not my cup of tea. But if you love that stuff, you'll like The Interview. There's decent production value, but there's no intellectual humor stimulation or cleverness that you might find in films like Top Secret & Monty Python films.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-29-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:21 PM
ventricle

Solaris 2002

9/10

Quote:
A troubled psychologist is sent to investigate the crew of an isolated research station orbiting a bizarre planet.
What's your EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient)? Do you like emotionally visceral films? If it's high for either of these, I think you'll love this film. This is sci-fi that doesn't include exploding spaceships; rather exploring the nature of humanity, but on a very personal level.

It's rich in mood & atmosphere, with the music & Steven Soderbergh's direction tightly woven. It hit me like a ton of bricks when I first saw it. It's not a tricky or intellectually taxing film, it's experiential & visceral in a high-EQ-level sort of way.

If you see it, don't invest yourself into how the film is going to end. It's not that kind of film. The ending is completely arbitrary. You don't want to spend your time on a roller coaster wondering how it's going to end. Likewise, the ending has nothing to do with the impact & enjoyment of the film; it's the experience of the journey... I think it spotlights that our understanding & response to life is what matters.

Seems there's a rather large love-it or hate-it divide on this film. In my opinion, it has to do with the viewer's focus. Brings to mind, early in the film, at a cocktail party, the main character (Clooney) & the beautiful Rheya (Natascha McElhone) are exchanging interested glances from across the room. When he finally approaches her, just as he begins to speak, she cuts him off & says, "Don't blow it." That's what the film is about, getting it right.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-30-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Tags
movie