Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2003, 04:53 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Loomis99
irony/sarcasm, don't they amount to more or less the same thing? Apologies for the rather childish outburst, I think I was on my period that day. It just amazes me that anyone would take that reference in the context of anything other than a joke. The worst joke of all is the fact that I may have actually seen COTC 3...
My english professor would not be happy with you. As far as taking the reference as a joke, someone out there actually did like COTC 3 I'm sure. To each his own. But with the other films you posted, I should have known you were kidding.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:35 AM
Scares Little Kids

Now is probably not a good time to inform you that I teach english as a foreign language. I just hope that none of my students are afficianados of piss-poor horror sequels...
Old 10-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Loomis99
Now is probably not a good time to inform you that I teach english as a foreign language. I just hope that none of my students are afficianados of piss-poor horror sequels...
I'm not sure if that was a jab at me or not, I consider myself somewhat of an afficianado of piss-poor horror sequels. :) Not Children of the Corn sequels though, there's too damn many of them to keep up with.
I was just implying that there is a huge difference between irony and sarcasm.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Scares Little Kids

No, not in any way. But sequels? I don't even want to get into the whole debate. I just think it needs to be kept fresh that's all. Modern film-making in its very nature will sadly not allow for this, which is why we have to have the same idea served up to us with Busta Rhymes along for the ride and a soundtrack by The Butthole Surfers or something. Oh, hang on, Evil Dead II was fantastic. Uh-oh, now I've done it.