Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Little Boo

Posting my short horror film "Don't Look In"

Hey guys, I've been posting my short film all over the internet trying to get feedback and see what people think, so here it is and I hope some of you will check it out. It's my first movie ever and I think it's a little too slow paced so I'll probably make a Directors Cut soon with faster pacing. My 2nd film is called Mary Says Goodnight and is in post-production so if anyone here likes Don't Look In I'll definitely post my 2nd film in a few weeks when it's on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/xwFEqNTtRLM

Last edited by FilmFan13; 12-21-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Jason's Shack

Hey man

There were alot of things that I really liked from this short.

- The acting was pretty good
- The setting (that trail looks like a great place)
- I dug the color tint you put on it

The major thing that stuck out to me was the run time. It seemed that out of the 10 minutes most of it was the character(s) either running or walking. Which took alot away from the ending as well as the kill. I really dug the ending, and wanted to see what was in that box..so that was extremely well done. But the build up it took to get there was just too long. I feel this could have been alot better if it was in the 3-4 minute mark.

Also the soundtrack kind of got repetitive since it seemed like it was the same tune with what sounded like a heartbeat for the majority of the time. Spice it up with the mix!

What I would have done, and take a look at my shorts and see that I'm no professional, would be to cut out the house all together, alot of the running/searching scenes, mix up the sound, and do more with the kill.

Those are my 2 cents. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future

Recent Movie Watches
Back to the Future 3 7/10
Predator 9/10
Terminator 5 7/10
Old 12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you on it being too long and having too much walking and running. It was the first thing I've ever shot or edited (and I have no film school, just a love of films) so the whole thing was a learning experience. After my 2nd film is uploaded to YouTube im going to make a new cut of Dont Look In and have it cruise along much quicker and smoother.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Jason's Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFan13 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you on it being too long and having too much walking and running. It was the first thing I've ever shot or edited (and I have no film school, just a love of films) so the whole thing was a learning experience. After my 2nd film is uploaded to YouTube im going to make a new cut of Dont Look In and have it cruise along much quicker and smoother.
Id say you leave it as it is man and move on. Your NEVER going to be satisfied with anything you do. It would be best to make something fresh and use that time you would have spent re editing on something new.

Recent Movie Watches
Back to the Future 3 7/10
Predator 9/10
Terminator 5 7/10