Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Nightmare on Elm Street - they were always inventive, had great effects and were always well cast.

I do NOT include the remake!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Dark Seduction

nightmare on elm street & CHUCKY

both of them are just to die for. I love nightmare on elm street so much to the point I got Freddy's claw tattooed on my arm his character is creepy, scary, sarcastic, and so funny. I also like that he is unique and attacks you in your dreams and the sequels went on for ever. I watched all 5 nightmare on elm streets and the 6th on were you find out that Freddy had a daughter Kathriene Kruger and Robert England also stars as Freddy in Wes Craven's a new nightmare the 2010 remake I did not like that much at all.

Chucky again another unique villan he is a serial killer who's soul now lies in a good guy doll. The sequels also include a bunch of fun characters like the little boy Andy who is all grown up in one of the sequels. The bride of Chucky though would have to be my favorite I love Tiffany's character and like the fact that her and Chucky can stay committed to each other for all these years even though they are freakin nuts!!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Cenobite

Hellraiser, Halloween or Scream. ;)

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Hellraiser

My Favorite Franchise is the Halloween Series(with the Exception of Halloween 3 & Rob Zombie's Halloween series). I Realized that None of the Other movies in the series will beat the Original Film. But I do fairly enjoy the rest of the movies in the series. if I had to Choose one from the series besides the First I would Choose Halloween: H20. Only because of the fact that its been 20 years since the original film so its kinda like a tribute to Halloween. I would like to mention that I did like Halloween 3: season of the Witch but if it was its own movie but since they decided to put the Halloween name on it It loses value. and I really hate the New Halloween series. Rob Zombie is an excellent Director with House of 1000 corpse and The Devil's Rejects. But he completely ruined Halloween, because he spent too much time building up Micheal Myers and didn't focus as much on other characters, so when they died you didn't Feel as much sympathy for them. Plus it seemed like He Killed off every character. In the original Film However I loved everything about it. John Carpenter is an amazing Director and in Halloween it proves it. He had a wonderful score and Micheal Myers was a mysterious villain which gave it more suspense and it also didn't have all the sex, cussing, and violence which makes it a perfect film but the Best thing is that it Gives the reference to Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock) and other classic Horror Movies and Now its Such a classic Movie that other Horror Movies are referencing it like Scream mentions it a few times. I Just absolutely love Halloween and Love everything about it and the Series following it was great also.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Drone

I'll be honest: asking my Favorite Horror Movie Franchise is like asking my favorite french fry from my last lunch at McDonald's.

But, if pushed, I would agree with The Villain & say Godzilla. All the other franchises become six-of-one & half-dozen-of-the-other when compared side-by-side.

Godzilla, however, is unique in this one respect: Godzilla's intentions remain enigmatic. He wants to destroy Tokyo until some other giant monster wants to destroy it. Then, Godzilla wants to destroy that giant monster and then go back to sleep under the ocean & not destroy Tokyo after all.

Seriously, has anyone ever had a second thought regarding the motives of Jason, Michael, Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky, the Count, the Doctor, Damien, a zombie, a werewolf, a demon, or Leatherface? That list goes on but you get the idea. The ambiguity of Godzilla is not only a feat - but a delight.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Ghostface

Scream.

Last edited by Triombies; 03-01-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Little Boo

Halloween
Old 06-16-2014, 02:19 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Godzilla. I've always loved those movies even the ridiculous campy ones. Godzilla or Gojira is my favorite horror movie and it's because of those movie's that i've always loved gaint monster movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
Godzilla
Dracula (both Universal and Hammer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by totem View Post
I'll be honest: asking my Favorite Horror Movie Franchise is like asking my favorite french fry from my last lunch at McDonald's.

But, if pushed, I would agree with The Villain & say Godzilla. All the other franchises become six-of-one & half-dozen-of-the-other when compared side-by-side.

Godzilla, however, is unique in this one respect: Godzilla's intentions remain enigmatic. He wants to destroy Tokyo until some other giant monster wants to destroy it. Then, Godzilla wants to destroy that giant monster and then go back to sleep under the ocean & not destroy Tokyo after all.

Seriously, has anyone ever had a second thought regarding the motives of Jason, Michael, Freddy, Pinhead, Chucky, the Count, the Doctor, Damien, a zombie, a werewolf, a demon, or Leatherface? That list goes on but you get the idea. The ambiguity of Godzilla is not only a feat - but a delight.
I was about to say I really didn't have a favorite horror franchise, because the ones I've seen falter so horribly (Halloween, Exorcist, Alien, etc); and/or they'res a decent franchise as a whole but I'm not drawn to use the word "favorite" around them, like Elm St, Scream and Night of the Living Dead. NOTLD, Universal's Frankenstein are probably closest.

Till I read Villain write Godzilla... and then I realised, yep, that's the one. Well said Totem, the Godzilla franchise's first step was into uncharted territory, and then it continued going into new territories, especially as to the "characterization" of Godzilla (animal/person/force of nature, enemy/ally, evil/good, cruel/kind, main character/side character/setting, for adults/kids/all), while maintaining familiar ground.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-16-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Cranky

I love the Godzilla films too (as long as they're made in Japan), but I have to call my favorite the original Universal Frankenstein series. Such class and talent involved in the first three films.

I also love the Hammer Frankenstein and Dracula series. They took so many liberties with the storylines, but Cushing and Lee were always nothing short of magnificent.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-16-2014, 11:44 PM
ventricle

Peter Cushing did such a convincing and depthful job as Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein. Wow, he was seriously playing for keeps. I'm a big fan of the Universal Frankenstein series (Frankenstein, Bride, Son of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman), but yet I always think of Cushing's Victor when I think of Frankenstein.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-16-2014 at 11:45 PM.