Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Cenobite

Whom are you favourite movie killers and why?

Personally, I think 'Ghostface(Scream)' and 'Michael Myers(Hallo'ween)' for me. Reasons?

Let's start with...

'Ghostface' - To begin with, the 'Father Death' costume is quite terrifying in itself, it's only a simple hallo'ween dress but it's simplicity is scary. Imagine just seeing this guy coming out of your closet with a 8inch hunting knife, it's alot scarier than just a normal dress guy doing the same. Pure intimidation value.

The Voice also has it's scary factor, he sounds so calm and actually like a nice guy to begin with, until you hear his aggression when they hang up. He goes from nice and mental in like, 2 seconds. His voice alone is enough to scare the shit out of me. The way he plays the 'games' and you can tell just how much he/she is enjoying it. *Shakes*

Amongst other reasons, I shall leave it there.

'Michael Myers' - Everyone knows this guy, right? If not, get watching some 'Hallo'ween' and you'll understand why I get uneasy watching him. Also, it's worth mentioning, I was only really scared of Michael in the first H'ween for good reason...

The stalking - This was a BIG part of it for me, the way he stood behind the hedge or the tree and just watched Laurie from the distance. He was like a statue, no movement or flinching. The mixture of that and the music gave of a extremely creepy atmosphere and, for me, gave me a very uneasy feeling.

'Dr. Loomis speech about Michael' - Probably one of the most simple, but yet, detailed description and story ever told in a movie(at least in my opinion). He summed up Michael perfectly. ''I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*.''

Need I say more?

Well, that's it for me. Tell me whom is your favourite movie killer and why. Looking forward to reading some of your guy's opinions. :)

- GH0ST

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Evil Dead

The midget(sorry,person of restricted growth!) from Dont look now.I still have trauma from watching that as a child!
Dara from Macabre,shes a creepy chainsaw wielding nutbag and I just love her calm exterior whilst she disembowels her victims .
Old 09-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Cenobite

Oh, I haven't seen it. Sounds interesting. :p

I'll have to get on it. :)

Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
The midget(sorry,person of restricted growth!) from Dont look now.I still have trauma from watching that as a child!
Dara from Macabre,shes a creepy chainsaw wielding nutbag and I just love her calm exterior whilst she disembowels her victims .
Definitely agree love Don't Look Now one of my faves.

My favourite killers are Dario Argento's three mothers; Mother of Sighs from Suspiria (1977), Mother of Darkness from Inferno (1980) and Mother Of Tears from Mother Of Tears (2007). The fact that they are both real and supernatural at the same time haunts me also they have an unique dark ethereal presence that messes with my head even after seeing the films many times
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Cenobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Definitely agree love Don't Look Now one of my faves.

My favourite killers are Dario Argento's three mothers; Mother of Sighs from Suspiria (1977), Mother of Darkness from Inferno (1980) and Mother Of Tears from Mother Of Tears (2007). The fact that they are both real and supernatural at the same time haunts me also they have an unique dark ethereal presence that messes with my head even after seeing the films many times
I haven't seen them, I'll have to watch. :)

Old 09-15-2012, 07:49 AM
From The Beyond

The three films are very different so if you don't like one you may like the other two. I love all three though. Hope you enjoy too :)
Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Cenobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
The three films are very different so if you don't like one you may like the other two. I love all three though. Hope you enjoy too :)
I'll put them on my 'watch list'. :)

Old 09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Horror Fan

The ghostface killah

Old 09-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Cenobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I love me some Wu-Tang Clan!

Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Evil Dead

Jason Vorhees is up there in my favorites. Those films are some of my favorite slashers, and the first films that got me into horror. So many different things have been done with him too, not sure if this is really good or bad, but at least it stops him from getting completely stale as a character. Oh he's a deformed boy in a lake, oh wait no he's an indestructible killer in a hockey mask, oh actually my bad he is actually a worm-like alien that is able to be translated through people.

I also really like Norman Bates in Psycho, and although I'm not exactly sure where I would place him in a list he would be somewhere in the top 10, if not top 5. He was just a unique character, and the scene where he is in his little costume is unforgettable.