Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Undead

Question Blair Witch Story...

Can someone please tell me about this "myth" of the Maryland legend...
I rent the movie to watch it but, did not have enough time :( and had to give it back :(

So...

Thank you.

Later..
Old 10-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Hellraiser

I haven't seen it either. Weirdly, I did catch the last half or so of "Blair Witch 2", which I actually thought had some scary bits. I was surprised. It wasn't an amazingly great movie, but it was way better than I would've thought.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Evil Dead

I loved the first Blair With movie, but didn't like the second one very much at all. You should definitely re-rent it.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Ive actually been to the area where they filmed The Blair Witch..the town is weird and a little backwards with time. Maryland is full of little myths and scarey campfire stories... I grew up there..Pretty cool stuff and if any body ever asks Spook Hill Does WORK... If you liked the Blair Witch you would love the Myth about HELL HOUSE..it's an old Saint Mary's all girls School.. been there....every hair on your body stands up and there's definatley something not "right" about that place. BAck to the topic the Blair Witch is a witch that lived near a small town in MD back in the 1800's...Children came up missing and well of course they thought it was her... They went on a search party looking for her and some of the guys came up missing they found peices of them later...Supposively the town was never rid of the witch..children come up missing through out history in that area..at least that is the Myth I heard..We were told if we didnt listen and come in when we were suppose to (before dark) we would be lost to the witch in the woods. Take it as you will.;)

Last edited by SoUl SuRvIvOrS; 10-28-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:24 AM
Evil Dead

Wasn't it Maine?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:27 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
Wasn't it Maine?
It was Burkittsville, Maryland.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
There was this whole schpiel on the Blair Witch on one of those Discovery Channels (TLC?) and the Sci-Fi channel when the original came out... It featured most of the information that "Soul Survivors" gave, but a detail I specifically recall was that the search party was found bound to a rock, disemboweled with occult symbols carved into their head/faces. At least, I think that's how it goes...

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
There was this whole schpiel on the Blair Witch on one of those Discovery Channels (TLC?) and the Sci-Fi channel when the original came out... It featured most of the information that "Soul Survivors" gave, but a detail I specifically recall was that the search party was found bound to a rock, disemboweled with occult symbols carved into their head/faces. At least, I think that's how it goes...

*FADE OUT*
Coffin Rock wasn't it?
Old 10-29-2003, 08:15 AM
Evil Bitch From HELL

GOOD MEMORY...... Chaotic Minister.... there is a place in the woods with an alter with blood stains and satanic symbols all over it...But I noticed the Movie didnt film that, I guess it was a judgement call?
Old 10-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah. That's the Coffin Rock Massacre. That's in the movie as well. I'm actually watching it right now on the FX channel.