Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

The Sweeney (2012)

Decent British action thriller based on the original 70's TV show with John Thaw. Ray Winstone was a good choice. Nothing I haven't seen before but enjoyable and easily a 6.5/10.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"Citadel" 6/10

Slow burner with an interesting story and an excellent emotional performance by the lead actor. Too bad the story didn't evolve faster and never seemed to pick up the pace. And that the ending wasn't better.

Could've been really, really good.
I was really looking forward to this, therefore pretty disappointed.
Also where did all those mutant kiddies shop to get their matching hoodies.

On a sidenote - it was just down the road from me and I used to help teach photography to some of the kids who lived in those towers.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:57 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I was really looking forward to this, therefore pretty disappointed.
Also where did all those mutant kiddies shop to get their matching hoodies.
Hahaha

And where did they come from? And what was up with the needle in the beginning? Obviously nothing happened to the baby.

No offence dude, but the place looks super depressing.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM
For Vendetta

This is one remake which didn't have anything going for it except a few gory kills, one of them cringe-worthy. Why did Malcolm McDowell remind me of the older Sean Connery more than once? Or was he following up his dickhead portrayal of Loomis from the Zombie Halloween remakes? And, what was with that ending? It's like the maker forgot to show the purpose behind the entire film and stuck a 15-second after-thought after everything was done and dusted. Pshaw.

Above all, a bad Santa wielding a flamethrower? I'll pass.

Stick to the original.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 AM
No, fuck YOU

"The Hobbit: an unexpected journey" 5/10

Visually beautiful, but overly long and incredibly boring.

Of almost 3 playing hours we get 2 hours of just dialogue, 15 minutes of singing, and rest of the time crazy ass action scenes that had Peter Jacksons King Kong jump to mind several times. Bilbo, Gandalf and the dwarfs should all have died at least 4 times in this first movie. That would've been swell.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Evil Dead

(Might need two post for these)
The movies I seen in past two week, since the last I have posted on this thread

Stepfather III (1992)

Wow, I thought second one was bad,

This the stepfather as yet again escaped from the insane asylum and had his face surgically, that one to add a re-cast into the story.

This was no wear near as good as first movie, it was even worse then second movie, which I didn't not like that much,

However I do think this movie was far more bloody then the other two movies put together, there were few gory deaths in this movie, even the way they show the death scenes look a bit strange in bad way.

The acting in this movie was really bad from most of the cast, I didn't think Robert Wightman was the right person for this role, I just could find him believable as the killer.

I did like how the movie ended, also some parts of the movie are very predicable as we seen twice, with little sub plot about boy in wheelchair.

I was not aware that this was TV movie until now, I thought it was decent and really bloody for TV movie, the acting was really bad in this movie from most of the cast.

4 out of 10

Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998)

I not really sure how I feel about this movie, it got to the weirdest one of them all,

I did not really like this movie that much, it's took me while to get into the movie, like the first movie.

I there bit more action then the last movie, how ever still not as good as the second movie in the series.

I did not find this movie scary or creepy at all, even felt like bloody effects were lower then before even thought yellow think seen less in this movie.

The acting was very decent there were decent twist here and there, which you can see coming miles away.

The acting was really good in this movie from the whole cast

As this movie had little more action then the first i gong to give it 7 out of 10

The Stepfather (2009)

I didn't think this remake was that bad at all, I like the new stuff they added to the movie and also enjoyed how they stayed true original movie.

I liked how the movie flowed really well, before I even knew i was half in the movie, it's felt like it moved really fast.

I thought Dylan Walsh did really decent Job as the Killer but nothing compared to outstanding Terry O'Quinn.

Well I didn't really like how they changed the end of the movie, I love the way original movie ended.

I felt left this open for sequel, Which I don't think that will see the light of day.

Acting was better then I expected, Same goes for this remake, I not bad remake at all, i thought it was decent

5 out of 10

The Prophecy (1995)
I saw this on weekend, Well, I Don't know what to think of this movie at the moment, well it's didn't feel like a real horror movie,

I didn't seem to find scary however I did find the movie very entertaining from start to
the end, there, shocks in and there in the movie

There few shock moment in this movie,some thinks were just little bit odd in good way!

The acting was really good from the whole cast, the ending was very good!
I not sure what to rate at the moment!

Wishmaster (1997)

(This a re-watch, I have seen this once before)
This movie start of with a bang, I loved the first scene in the movie, very odd and very gross, the effect was really good in those scene.

I found plot really well done, I found wish master not too scary, I found him a little too funny to be scary!

However I found him more creepy when he had the humans face, he got one hell of a evil face

I was shocked with some of tye gore in this movie , wow, I didn't not see that come, Spoiler: (He makes a prison, rip a cop Jaw right of his face, Ouch!) that had to hurt! , really fun to watch!

This was a really fun movie, the acting was not too bad in this movie, it's really suited the movie well, effect were nice in this movie.

I going to give this movie 7 out of 10, This movie is a lot of fun!

Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (Video 1999)
This is yet another Re-watch, ,I have seen this movie 3 times now, As I saw this before seeing first year or so afterwards.

I really loved this movie, I found the whole movie a lot of fun but not as fun as first movie.

This movie as really nice gory deaths, which i really liked, Effect are so fun to watch and some were just playing weird even for Wish master movie.

Andrew Divoff is outstanding playing the wish-master,He face just give you the creep

The lead actress went bit over the top with some of acting in the movie, some of cast were really bad in this movie, the most of them were decent, they could have done better.

I loved the last scene in the movie thought it's was so funny!, I didn't like some of effect near the end of the movie, I don't think it fitted well with other gory effect that worked really well with the rest of the movie.

Not as good as first movie but still a fun to be had in this gory sequel!
6 out of 10

Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell (Video 2001)

This was very boring movie, compared to other .last to movie in the series.

I found the plot in this movie way to silly even for the wish-master series and they tame down on the gore in this movie.

I love gory death in first two movie that makes the fun, that is another reason I didn't like this movie, as it was not fun to watch at all, like the other in the series.

I hated the affect that there new actor playing The Djinn, I just could not get used to him playing this him. he nothing compared to Nathaniel Demerest who fitted the role perfectly.

The acting in this movie was not too bad in this movie, better then I would have expected in this movie.

And I Hated the ending of this movie, what really crap way to end a movie.

3 out of 10 (That 3 Points are for the actng)

Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled (2002)

Now I seen this movie , I said to my self, It's can not be as bad as the last one and boy was I wrong as felt more of the same.

I saw this back to back with 3rd movie yesterday, I Could not believe what I was watching .

The plot was just unbelievable rubbish and this whole Angle think was, just , I have no words how for that.

The movie was filled with silly fight scenes that last way to long and are very predicable.

One thing I did like in this movie, there were some few good bloody scenes in this movie that liked.

I didn't think Michael Trucco was decent in the role again the acting in this movie was not bad.

I thought it's was okay but I think they should have had better ending to the series overall.

I am going give this 3 out of 10
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 AM
For Vendetta

Loved it, specially all those references at the b/w classics and the genre's top characters, including the Bride and the Vincent Price-esque teacher. Too bad NEW Radio is no more with us, or I would have a request from Danny Elfman's fantastic score to be played at the next Halloween marathon.

Recommended as a fun watch to all. Charming little film.

* * * ½
Old 01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horror fan View Post
(
Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998)

I not really sure how I feel about this movie, it got to the weirdest one of them all,

I did not really like this movie that much, it's took me while to get into the movie, like the first movie.

I there bit more action then the last movie, how ever still not as good as the second movie in the series.

I did not find this movie scary or creepy at all, even felt like bloody effects were lower then before even thought yellow think seen less in this movie.
I gotta be honest, I have grown to love Phantasm IV and these days, happily consider it in the same league as Phantasm II. I'm a big fan of the franchise anyway so I can forgive it a few short commings, but I actually think that its closer in tone to the first movie than the other sequels. Coscarelli is great working on a tight budget and really cranks out some quality scenes in Oblivion. Then you throw in a bunch of unused footage from the first movie, I think its a real treat for fans. On top of all that you get a stellar performance from Scrimm, where he is given a bit of room to show his talent.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

I just watched creature. It was ok it started really well but kind of lost the plot near the end. It was ok I am glad I watched it and might buy it for times I need to watch something a bit cheesy.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

House of 1000 Corpses:

Despite its faults - I can watch this movie again and again. Great Characters, snappy dialogue, strong score and a plot that makes no sense. Great stuff trumped only by its sequel.

Constantine:

Hellblazer is my fave comic ever, so I really should hate this film. I really should. Despite changing the title character from a Wideboy Cockney(by way of Liverpool) Magician to, well, Keanyu Reeves, it still sorta works. They get the plot right and in its short running time gives us enough insight into Constantine's world. Tilda Swinton is of course excellent as Gabriel but the one thing I cannot stand is what they did to John's long suffering henchman, Chaz - putting Shia LaBeouf in the role being the worst of these offences. Papa Midnite is poorly cast/written too.

Oh and Constantine using a gun, please!!!!

Tags
movie