Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Not as good as the first one by any means, but still very entertaining.

7/10

Heather Graham is beautiful.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmaker2 View Post
Hey, NIGHT OF THE COMET! Classic 80's flick!

That was fun in the theatres. Fairly unnerving and scary too!
You can't be serious? Night of the Comet is not scary in the slightest. Nor would it be considered a classic. My boyfriend bought this movie recently and told me how much he loved it when he was a kid. We both watched it and he apologized at the end of the screening. Let's just say it did not live up to both of our expectations...but to each their own...although not a classic either...I've loved the movie Fright Night since I was a kid.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Cranky

As stated in the forum description, Classic Horror refers to films from the 1960s AND BEFORE.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
As stated in the forum description, Classic Horror refers to films from the 1960s AND BEFORE.
I understand what a classic movie is. That's why I mentioned "Arsenic and Old Lace" (1944) in my last post. Perhaps you are referring to the post I responded to regarding "Night of the Comet"? Which (of course) is an eighties movie. In this post I acknowledge that it's not a classic. However, I understand your need to reiterate structure and protocol in regards to the forum description. After all it might turn into total chaos and anarchy setting off a series of events that signals the end of the world, right? Ha ha. Indeed.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Misanthrope

Dollar For The Dead

Dug it especially because of the strong cast. One of the better made for TV flicks out there.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM
She's under the stairs

The Mummy returns

It wasn't a very good idea....

4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Are you rich?
After blowing up the Parliament? Yeah...I get along. :)
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Cranky

Wristcutters: A Love Story

A whimsically profound story that takes place in a purgatory world where suicides live. What would a world be like that was inhabited only by people who had comitted suicide? It's a pretty funny world, actually- even if nobody ever smiles. This is the driest dark comedy I've ever seen, and the three leads who find themselves on a road trip in this world, each for their own reasons, travelling in a rundown car with a black hole in the floor, are perfectly cast. I particularly enjoyed Eugene, a young musician of Russian ancestry who comitted suicide by pouring beer onto his electric guitar and electrocuting himself.

Tom Waits turns up, as does the guy who played Jerry on ER, and the lead of that awful Fearnet movie Catacombs. Turns out she can really act.

One of the best and most varied assembled soundtracks I've come across, with music by Tom Waits, Artie Shaw, Gram Parsons, Screaming Lord Sutch, Del Shannon, Joe Meek and a trio of tunes by Gogol Bordello, a post-modern Balkan cabaret outfit that add immeasurably to the atmosphere.

Watch this if you get a chance.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Defiance (2008)

>>: B-
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Wristcutters: A Love Story

A whimsically profound story that takes place in a purgatory world where suicides live. What would a world be like that was inhabited only by people who had comitted suicide? It's a pretty funny world, actually- even if nobody ever smiles. This is the driest dark comedy I've ever seen, and the three leads who find themselves on a road trip in this world, each for their own reasons, travelling in a rundown car with a black hole in the floor, are perfectly cast. I particularly enjoyed Eugene, a young musician of Russian ancestry who comitted suicide by pouring beer onto his electric guitar and electrocuting himself.

Tom Waits turns up, as does the guy who played Jerry on ER, and the lead of that awful Fearnet movie Catacombs. Turns out she can really act.

One of the best and most varied assembled soundtracks I've come across, with music by Tom Waits, Artie Shaw, Gram Parsons, Screaming Lord Sutch, Del Shannon, Joe Meek and a trio of tunes by Gogol Bordello, a post-modern Balkan cabaret outfit that add immeasurably to the atmosphere.

Watch this if you get a chance.
SO glad that you checked it out and liked it!!! Definitely one of my favorite movies to come out last year. :)

I actually bought the DVD and CD for my boyfriend for his Birthday - I'm pretty psyched about giving them to him (he especially loved the soundtrack).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!