Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Evil Dead

I've seen tons of bad horror films but Eli Roth's films are still on the top of my list. I very deeply hated Cabin Fever, lord only knows why I tortured my self by watching Hostel. I think that he is one the worst things to happen to contemporary american horror cinema
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
I know Halloween 3 will be in this thread but i actually didnt mind it. That is if you take the aspect of Myers out of it.

Lesser known but just as bad.....Partyline
Halloween 3 was my all time favorite

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 04-30-2012, 12:58 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
Watched final destination 5 man how many of these are they going to make and try wo retell LOL

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

I actually like most of the movies listed here...

That said...I remember seeing FeardotCom in the theater years ago and thinking for the first time in my life I'd like my money back...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Rebel Without Applause

I thought the The Grudge (the remake) was awful. One of the least redeeming horror films I've ever seen. The Fog remake was also horrendous, considering I'm a pretty big fan of the original. In terms of non-remakes, Undead was a HUGE letdown. I had heard so many people singing the praises of it and then I had to force myself to sit through the whole thing just so I could faithfully tell everyone how terrible it was.

Yet none of those come close to Cannibal Holocaust. To me, that film is absolutely deplorable. I had heard many things about it before going into it but did not realize the full extent of what I was about to watch. I'm all for realistic special effects and gore - that's one of the many things that consistently draws me back to horror films. Tom Savini is one of the reasons why I became a horror film fanatic - the ingenuity it takes to make convincing gore on screen is something I feel is worth admiration, but the scenes involving animals in Cannibal Holocaust infuriated me. Hunting for food and survival is one thing - killing in the name of entertainment, in my eyes, puts you in the same category as the rapists and violent offenders that live behind bars as we speak.

Haha, oops. Sorry for the rant, I didn't expect it to turn into this. All I had to do was think about that film and it just came spewing out. I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I saw a few people mention Bug in this thread. I thought Bug was great. It helps that I went into it thinking of it more as a character drama than a horror film. Also - I thought Michael Shannon was phenomenal. But, to each his own.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideonetrackone View Post
I thought the The Grudge (the remake) was awful. One of the least redeeming horror films I've ever seen. The Fog remake was also horrendous, considering I'm a pretty big fan of the original. In terms of non-remakes, Undead was a HUGE letdown. I had heard so many people singing the praises of it and then I had to force myself to sit through the whole thing just so I could faithfully tell everyone how terrible it was.

Yet none of those come close to Cannibal Holocaust. To me, that film is absolutely deplorable. I had heard many things about it before going into it but did not realize the full extent of what I was about to watch. I'm all for realistic special effects and gore - that's one of the many things that consistently draws me back to horror films. Tom Savini is one of the reasons why I became a horror film fanatic - the ingenuity it takes to make convincing gore on screen is something I feel is worth admiration, but the scenes involving animals in Cannibal Holocaust infuriated me. Hunting for food and survival is one thing - killing in the name of entertainment, in my eyes, puts you in the same category as the rapists and violent offenders that live behind bars as we speak.

Haha, oops. Sorry for the rant, I didn't expect it to turn into this. All I had to do was think about that film and it just came spewing out. I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I saw a few people mention Bug in this thread. I thought Bug was great. It helps that I went into it thinking of it more as a character drama than a horror film. Also - I thought Michael Shannon was phenomenal. But, to each his own.
If it makes you feel better, the natives did eat the animals that they killed. Still i'll agree there was no need for that at all.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=sideonetrackone;924184]

I agree, a few of the animal killings are a bit too much for me. That's why I always watch the cut version of it. Shameless just put out a really cool Blu-ray of it, without all the animal suffering. ;)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
I've seen tons of bad horror films but Eli Roth's films are still on the top of my list. I very deeply hated Cabin Fever, lord only knows why I tortured my self by watching Hostel. I think that he is one the worst things to happen to contemporary american horror cinema
I loved Cabin Fever, it's in my top ten. The Hostel movies were okay but Cabin Fever was excellent IMO.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Mutant Clown Freak

I don't know if you would consider it a horror film(because it isn't), but Alien vs Predator 2 was a sad sack of a movie.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideonetrackone View Post
Hunting for food and survival is one thing - killing in the name of entertainment, in my eyes, puts you in the same category as the rapists and violent offenders that live behind bars as we speak..
Jeez - they killed some animals (maybe not in the most humane way) which the cast later ate and you think that they are worse than rapists...

Give us a break.