Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

Question Insidious

I've been contemplating whether to watch this movie or not...

i have heard that it is somewhat similar to Poltergeist, but that film in particular wasn't exactly my favorite...

Would I be wasting my time with it?

*Please no spoilers*
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Evil is Better

I really liked it. It actually freaked me out a little bit. It was able to create a tense, spooky feel to it that's been missing from horror movies lately. I definitely recommend.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I really liked it. It actually freaked me out a little bit. It was able to create a tense, spooky feel to it that's been missing from horror movies lately. I definitely recommend.
i will definetly take that into account :)
Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Is Having a Baby!

No spoilers.

I have mixed feelings about Insidious. It felt very Stephen King-ish. In the fact that the first half is good & the second half was slow & silly. For some reason it felt like two different movies to me. I will be honest, I couldn't make it through the last 15 minutes , it got so boring and I was falling asleep.

The second half did remind of the Poltergeist.... Which is good & bad. I think Poltergeist is cheesy as fuck. It was only good to me as a kid.

I can understand younger, less jaded horror fans would like Insidious. It has some really great moments. Who knows, maybe the ending pulled the whole thing together. I give it 5/10. If you want two movies in one . I recommend Perkins 14 instead.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Whip In My Valise

Has the search function not been working recently?

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...ight=insidious

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...ight=insidious
Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deposable View Post
I have mixed feelings about Insidious. It felt very Stephen King-ish. In the fact that the first half is good & the second half was slow & silly. For some reason it felt like two different movies to me. I will be honest, I couldn't make it through the last 15 minutes , it got so boring and I was falling asleep.

The second half did remind of the Poltergeist.... Which is good & bad. I think Poltergeist is cheesy as fuck. It was only good to me as a kid.

I can understand younger, less jaded horror fans would like Insidious. It has some really great moments. Who knows, maybe the ending pulled the whole thing together. I give it 5/10. If you want two movies in one . I recommend Perkins 14 instead.

Stephen King is an excellent writer and an inspiration to me. I have no idea how you can say the second part of his stuff is slow and silly. Maybe you're talking about his movie adaptions and if you are then that has nothing to do with him as they differ from his books a lot for the most part. But hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That just happens to be mine.

Perkins 14 sucked....which i guess is the point you were trying to convey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
Has the search function not been working recently?
Doing V's job for him i see. Usually i expect you to point out when people have double posted. ;)
Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Whip In My Valise

Just pointing out the search function which turned up two threads on Insidious in the past month. Using it will save time and answer questions the poster might have had more quickly.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

Quote:
I'd rather make a new thread... Don't like to dig through 10 pages of replies for my answer
Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Just pointing out the search function which turned up two threads on Insidious in the past month. Using it will save time and answer questions the poster might have had more quickly.
Oh i know Wicker, i'm just joking around. I didnt mean any disrespect or anything.

But i do think "I heard you the first time" has become a catchphrase for you and i mean that in a good way ;)
Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_luv5 View Post
I'd rather make a new thread... Don't like to dig through 10 pages of replies for my answer
I know what you mean. The search function isn't always successful particularly on vaguely defined subjects. Insidious was just fresh in my memory, so the threads might be helpful (I honestly can't remember what was written in them or how long they were).

@Villain - It's cool.:) I do tend to have schticks. You missed the Top list phase.:o