Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Hellraiser

Angie

Angie
by Greqoh

Angie's new mom gently brushed her teeth, trying to avoid the new hole left behind when Angie's tooth came out earlier in the day.

Angie stared into the mirror at the fresh hole in her mouth.

"Maybe she won't come, mom.... Maybe she doesn't know..." she said hopefully.

"Don't be silly, darling. She's the tooth fairy. She always knows. It's her job!" her mom told her as she gave her a cup of water to rinse her mouth out.

"I don't want her to come. I hate her." Angie said as she spit into the sink.

"What's wrong with you, Angie? That's not a nice thing to say." her mom corrected.

"Now let me tuck you in. You have school tomorrow, remember?" and her mom kissed her on the forehead and turned off the light.

"I love you Angie." she said.

"I love you too, mom." Angie answered back as the door closed and the stairway light went off.

Angie looked around at her room, a few small cracks in the window blind allowed the street lights from outside to pour, brining alien shadows that stretched over her toys and furniture that falling onto the floor and walls, painting them with these unfamiliar shapes.

And maybe one of them was her......

Angie held onto her teddy bear, Alex.

He was her favorite, a sandy brown shaggy teddy with one blue eye, that was more than starting to show his age.
He came from her old house, her old family.
He was her best friend in the world and he knew everything about her.

He was there when it happened.

Downstairs her new mom and dad were watching tv.

"What are we going to do, Alex?" she asked.

Alex answered, as he always did, in a gruff voice that hurt her throat to make.....

"I don't know Angie....I'm scared."

"Me too...." she whispered.

She looked at Chester, her other, newer teddy, which her new mom and dad had given to her. He had short black hair and big green eyes.

"What are you guys so afraid of?" Chester said in a whining voice that hurt Angie's throat less than Alex's.

"I think we should tell him..." Alex said.

"All right, but you have to keep this a secret. Promise?" she asked.

Chester agreed.

The little girl then began to tell her story about how she lost her first family, her old home and what she was afraid of tonight.....

"It all started when we went and visited my cousin Gena." she told Chester.

"I didn't like her very much. She was kind of mean..." Alex interrupted...

"Hey!!" a voice called from downstairs.
It was her new mom.

"I want you to go to sleep now. Quit playing!" she yelled up.

Angie was silent for a little while.
Then as she fought off sleep, she turned back to Alex and said "I did'nt like Gena either. She used to tease me and tell me horrible things."

"Like what?" Chester asked, in her most concerned voice.

"Bad things....She said I was stupid and ugly. She pushed me down a few times." Angie answered, carefull not to be heard by her mom again.

"But she was right about the tooth fairy, wasn't she?" Alex reminded.

"Yes...she was " Angie said sadly.

"What did she tell you?" Chester wanted to know....

"All right, don't make me come up there!!" Angie's new father snapped, as he stood at the foot of the stairs.

For a few minutes, Angie just watched the shadows, keeping watch lest the evil lady sneak in when she wasn't looking.

Downstairs she could hear her new mom and dad talking.

"I don't think this is going to work out, Donna." she heard him say.
"She has some serious problems...all she wants to do is whisper to that bear, and stare at the walls. She doesn't listen..."

"David!" her new mom interrupted, "She has been through so much.
To loose her mom like that, right in frony of her. Then for her own father to give her up. We made a commitment to her."

"Your right." he said apologetically. "We need to give her more time."

Angie continued her story...

"Gena told me about what the tooth fairy does if she doesn't like your teeth."

"What does she do?" Chester asked.

"Bad things.....She hurts people...in your family....." Alex told Chester.

"Like she hurt my mom....my real mom." Angie added sadly.

"Gena told me my teeth were ugly, crooked.

She said I needed braces, and that the tooth fairy would be very mad if she came all the way to my home and saw how ugly my teeth were.

Gena knew I had lost a tooth that morning, and she said she was scared for me."

"What did you do....?" Chester asked.

"My mom and dad told me it wasn't true, what Gena told me. They said the tooth fairy was made up."

I didn't believe them.

I went in the kitchen and got out the biggest knife I could find, just in case...and I snuck it into my room.".

"Did the tooth fiary come?" Chester said in a frightened voice.

"Yes, I saw her. I waited up, for so long, and then I fell asleep. But I woke up and I saw her in the dark, reaching over my bed to get to me.

I took my knife out and hurt her.

She yelled so loud...I kept trying to push her out of my room with the knife but she wouldn't go away.

My dad came in turned the light on and scared her away."

"Where was your mom?" Chester asked.

"The tooth fairy got her. She was on the ground. She was crying, with blood all over her.

Dad wouldn't stop screaming.

I never saw him again after that night." She answered.

Angie put her finger inside a torn part of Alex's old body and pulled out a red stained dollar bill.

"See, this...the tooth fairy left this on the floor." she said as she showed it to Chester.

"I'm afraid too, now" he said meekly.

"What are we going to do?" Alex asked.

"I love my new mom and dad, more than anything in the whole world. I won't let that bad lady hurt my family again." she said bravely.

"How can you stop her?" Chester asked....

"Like I did last time..Only this time she's not getting away...." answered the brave little girl as she pulled out a shiny knife she had once again taken from the kitchen when no one was watching.

Chester gasped.

"Don't be scared, I'll protect you..." Angie reasured him.

"Alex, let's get ready....."

"Ok, Angie."

And the little girl, and her two brave bears hid in the shadows by the door as the hours stretched on....
And this time, Angie didn't fall asleep...

No, this time she was ready.....

A thin ray of light from the window fell upon her innocent little face, which grew twisted with anger as her eyes narrowed into slits....

And she heard the footsteps....
creeping up the stairs....

Getting closer....

Closer....

Closer....

The door began to open.....

Angie leap out and.........

Greqoh