Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 AM
For Vendetta

Machete 2: Machete Kills

For those that might have missed director Robert Rodriguez and co-director Ethan Maniquis' Machete the ending teased two possible sequels: Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again.

While the sequel titles seemed like nothing more than amusing hubris used to end the movie, actor Danny Trejo told The Press Association that a sequel has already been written.

Trejo spoke with director Robert Rodriguez recently, revealing: “I asked him when he was going to write it and he says it's written, so we can get started pretty quick.”

The actor has spoken before about the possibility of Machete turning into a trilogy, with Machete Kills the first sequel, and Machete Kills Again the third and final film. Clearly he was betting on this character becoming a cult icon.

“We went all over the world with that movie and people kept having me sign these Machete action figures, it was a lot of fun,” Trejo says, who admitted that both he and Rodriguez were surprised by the positive response to the movie.

“I don't even think Robert Rodriguez even expected that reception and now everyone is waiting for Machete 2, so hurry up Robert Rodriguez!”

Machete fared pretty well on release, having so far made $37.6m worldwide – not bad considering the film’s budget was just $10m. We imagine Trejo will get to wield that giant blade again pretty soon, although Rodriguez is already working on Spy Kids: All the Time in the World, with Sin City 2 possibly the next one, and potentially an adaptation of Deadpool after that. Rodriguez may be too busy to direct another Machete anytime soon, though like Predators, Rodriguez could simply write and produce.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Misanthrope

I don't think it'd be done quite right if Rodriguez didn't direct but will be eager to check it out regardless.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

I liked Machete movie and will for sure watch the latest in the series when it will come out.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:47 AM
For Vendetta

The one-man film crew - Robert Rodriguez - is set to be busier than Guillermo del Toro after announcing a slate of new projects in Hall H at the San Diego Comic Con this afternoon.

Danny Trejo's bad-ass Mexican mercenary Machete is set to return to the big screen, with Rodriguez confirming they have began pre-production for sequels Machete Kills and Machete Kills Again.

"It's probably to some surprise or no surprise, because you guys really supported Machete," Rodriguez said.

"'Machete' will kill and kill again because of what you've done.

"At least definitely the second one, which we're going straight in to."

Rodriguez said although they're a way off from starting work on 'Machete Kills Again,' the film will be out of this universe – literally.

"I can't wait to do part three because it is a space opera and there will be Machete with space babes.

"'Machete Kills Again' . . .in space.

"To see a bad ass Mexican in space is really rare, especially in science fiction."
Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
sCaRyNeSs

The 1st is crazy and weird, and therefore, I LUV IT! :D -Gon' see this fo' sure.

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Evil is Better

I can't even begin to describe how much i didnt like Machete and how stupid i think it is. Now they're making two more and one of them takes place in space? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Am i the only one who thinks thats the dumbest idea ever? They should just call it Machete Kills Himself and be done with it.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Love is like dying

never watched the first one and i wont watch this one :p
Old 07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
mostly ghostly?

Yeah, I really didn't find much about Machete enjoyable, either. I'll definitely miss this/these.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 AM
For Vendetta

Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Sometimes, dead is better

This is way too exciting for me