Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM
HDC Idol

I don't want to be a spammer!

Hi!

I guess this is a question for the Mods... When I type about movies, I have a tendency to link to IMDB or the movie's site (as an embedded hyperlink under the movie title) while posting. The intent is not to promote myself or any Chrono-affiliated websites, but just to provide a point of reference outside of my rambling in regards to the specific topic at hand. I've done it a few times already while posting here and I just wanted to make sure that this is acceptable behavior. If not, I will totally abstain moving forward. I totally apologize if I have inadvertently made a breech in forum etiquette.

Thanks. :)
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Evil Dead

You know when you're spamming and when you're not.
We will too.
If you're doing nothing but making threads to "discuss" new movies, and they just happen to have some link to yourself or friends...that stage and beyond is pretty much spam.

In regards to linking films you happen to be talking about in your own or other threads, I don't think anyone has any problem with reference points.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:10 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
You know when you're spamming and when you're not.
We will too.
If you're doing nothing but making threads to "discuss" new movies, and they just happen to have some link to yourself or friends...that stage and beyond is pretty much spam.

In regards to linking films you happen to be talking about in your own or other threads, I don't think anyone has any problem with reference points.
Excellent. :)

I will continue to link to the movies' sites (only if the sites are interesting, mind you). Honestly, I am pretty much the only one of my friends who like horror films (THOSE FOOLS!), and I have no personal sites that I am trying to promote.

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't creating a breech of etiquette. :) I like it here. I think I'll stay a while.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 AM
She's under the stairs

A link can be good, especially if you are talking about some obscure film a lot of people may not know of.. Not really spam IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha