Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Immortal horror fan

The best Resident Evil depends on how you see the series. I think Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever. As an action horror title it can't be beat. But as a survival horror title which is what Resident Evil started as, then RE4 isn't as good as the original, or the remake, part 2, part 3, or Code Veronica. RE4 starts off as a strong survival horror but once you get to the second and third sections, ammo is no longer a problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
The best Resident Evil depends on how you see the series. I think Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever. As an action horror title it can't be beat. But as a survival horror title which is what Resident Evil started as, then RE4 isn't as good as the original, or the remake, part 2, part 3, or Code Veronica. RE4 starts off as a strong survival horror but once you get to the second and third sections, ammo is no longer a problem.
Yeah, I felt the same way about Dead Space, it was a good sci-fi/horror action game but it wasn't a "survival horror". I had fun with it though... it just wasn't System Shock.

I just beat Splinter Cell: Conviction. Shot game but the co-op story they added is a bonus for sure. The controls are a little wonky but I feel the same way about Batman AC too (AA I had no issues with though).

Last edited by Despare; 03-07-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
But as a survival horror title which is what Resident Evil started as, then RE4 isn't as good as the original, or the remake, part 2, part 3, or Code Veronica.
Yeah I haven't even bothered with #4 or #5. I just hate that perspective...and while I can see that they look like decent games, they have very much abandoned most of what I knew and loved about the RE games, just throwing a few existing characters into the mix.
They changed the "look" successfully with Code Veronica and RE:0, yet they still felt like part of the series...for me, the newer ones have not.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Lord of the Dead

Personally, I love the whole Resident Evil series, but I felt that it was part 4 that really brought the games into a new direction. I also enjoyed 5, but felt that really, it was just riding the success of 4 and infusing it with better graphics and some new characters. I've seen the previews for the new R.E. that's coming out this month, and I'll admit: I'm impressed. The gameplay looks pretty intense, sort of a combination of GEARS OF WAR meets RESIDENT EVIL. Plus, I'm excited to play as Leon again -- I thought he made a great lead character, and he looks badass as hell in this new game. :)
Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Evil Puppy

Batman Arkham City

I was really looking forward to a "WOW" moment with this one (kind of like the very first Scarecrow moment in AA) and didn't really get it. Until the credits rolled and that last little message... that was awesome.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Yeah I haven't even bothered with #4 or #5. I just hate that perspective...and while I can see that they look like decent games, they have very much abandoned most of what I knew and loved about the RE games, just throwing a few existing characters into the mix.
They changed the "look" successfully with Code Veronica and RE:0, yet they still felt like part of the series...for me, the newer ones have not.
You haven't played RE4? It's really good. At least play the first village section up to the cabin. That first section is perfect and really spooky at times.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:40 PM
brainsickhorror.com

Downloaded 'Silent Hill' from PSN, completed again; great old school memories. Shame they fucked up the movie adaption.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsickhorror.com View Post
Downloaded 'Silent Hill' from PSN, completed again; great old school memories. Shame they fucked up the movie adaption.
I actually like the movie. But then I haven't played any of the games yet. The HD collection is coming out soon I believe. That's where I will start. But I have to find the original game first since for some odd reason they aren't remaking that one.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 AM
Zombie Of All Zombies

Resident Evil: Revelations.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 AM
Zombie Of All Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Yeah, I agree. What most fans of the series need to realize is that the action ones dont HAVE to be the same. The series moved on. Get used to it. I personally enjoy Revelations, Because it evenly blends action and horror, but that's just me.