Old 10-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Little Boo

I need help finding a fictional book

I can't remember the title and my searches online are not coming up with anything that helps. This fictional novel was written in the 80's and it was about Satan putting himself on trial to prove his existence or something to that effect. I remember it was the first place I learned about the God's rule of Gold and Satan's rule of lead...God basically told Satan he could do whatever he wanted to man but he cannot kill him and Satan figured out that it was no problem because he could just have men kill men. I believe it occurred somewhere in the pacific northwest an I think it may have been specifically the Puget Sound area. I might have the details mixed up a bit but then that is exactly why I want to find this book.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions even if they turn out to be incorrect and I thank everyone in advance.

Thanx,
Jack
Old 10-09-2017, 12:18 AM
Angst macht kleine Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred80r View Post
I can't remember the title and my searches online are not coming up with anything that helps. This fictional novel was written in the 80's and it was about Satan putting himself on trial to prove his existence or something to that effect. I remember it was the first place I learned about the God's rule of Gold and Satan's rule of lead...God basically told Satan he could do whatever he wanted to man but he cannot kill him and Satan figured out that it was no problem because he could just have men kill men. I believe it occurred somewhere in the pacific northwest an I think it may have been specifically the Puget Sound area. I might have the details mixed up a bit but then that is exactly why I want to find this book.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions even if they turn out to be incorrect and I thank everyone in advance.

Thanx,
Jack
On the hunt for you, buddy

Would it happen to be:

History Of The Devil by Clive Barker

??

http://twitch.tv/blatherskeit
Old 10-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Little Boo

History of he Devil

Thank you for the suggestion, I will do some research and let you know.

If it is I am dumbfounded why I couldn't get any hits on my web searches, I mean Clive Barker is about as well known as it gets when it comes to horror...

Thanx,
Jack
Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Little Boo

More Details on the book I can't find...

It is definitely NOT "The History of the Devil" by Clive Barker.

1. It was released in 1999 and this book had to be 1987 or earlier as I read it when I lived in Bremerton.

2. The trial was actually a real trial in a real courthouse (real meaning in our world.)

My memory of the book was that the trial was initiated by a murder and of course the murderer was possessed by the devil. The defense attorney of tried to use the "insanity" defense and I guess Satan got a little pissed that man in general wasn't really paying attention to him or believing he existed and that you had to be insane if you claimed to be possessed. So he takes over the courthouse to make people pay attention to the fact that he does exist and can possess people etc. Of course my memory could be way off but I believe this is the general direction of the story and I remember it being cleverly written. I also remember the setting was in the Puget Sound area so I found it even more interesting. It was definitely a paperback but that doesn't mean it wasn't released in hard cover.

I can't remember the author, title, exact year or anything else significant to help with finding this book...hoping for a little luck.

Thanx,
Jack