Old 11-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Evil Dead

Ghostbusters remake

I found the truth. The great knowledge. Ghostbusters was poor because....!!!!....it was essentially an SNL movie which are always bad except for The Blues Brothers.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:58 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Boss, you dipping into DBad's stash?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

I liked it. I like the cast and director, and I don't have a huge attachment to the original.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I liked it. I like the cast and director, and I don't have a huge attachment to the original.
I liked it too. The female Ghostbusters were funny enough and the action was exciting. What more could I ask from a movie like this? Also, I like the original but I've never been a fanatic about it.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:19 AM
Evil Dead

I thought it was entertaining and I hate SNL. It was amusing enough to be enjoyable. I would have preferred a sequel rather than a reboot though.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Evil Dead

I wanted it to be very good. The previews made it look fun. I have a decent amount of attachment to the original, but it has nothing to do with my thoughts on the film. I've seen various former/current(at the time) SNL cast make comedies that are always bad. Since a bunch of SNL people are in it I think that's what might have happened, why it become more cartoonish and comedy sketch like than it should have been. I think also the huge popularity of super hero like films relying a lot on special effects probably had an affect on the films style.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:41 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Awful Movie - went in with an open mind too.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Nightmare Master

You do know that Amy Pascal used the death of Harold Ramis to push Ivan Reitman off of Ghostbusters? So she can put Paul Feig on it then had the balls to dedicate this abomination of a movie to Harold Ramis?

I didn't like this pile of man hating shit to begin with but when I heard they took advantage of Harold Ramis death to kick Ivan Reitman on the street and replaced him with the extremely untalented Paul Feig then dedicated it to Harold Ramis that really pissed me off. They might as well went to Harold's grave and took a big steaming shit on it. Don't even get me started on them going out of there way to insult the fans of the original movies.

How would you like it if someone came in after you died took you best work that millions loved the way it was and made a mockery of it? Then when the fans said it wasn't good they insulted them then had the balls to dedicate it to you in the end credits?

This is coming from a long time A Nightmare on Elm St. fan and the remake to that was way better then this was to both the Ghostbusters franchise and to Harold Ramis.

Last edited by Nightmare-elm2112; 11-28-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Red Claw

Liked it

I kinda sorta liked the remake.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Little Boo

Awful movie, much preferred the original