Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
The Boogeyman

As a child I would say Chucky. I had an older sister who had like 4 foot dolls. I always wondered if one of them were truly alive.

The only thing else was I think it was Ghouls two when the little monster came out of the toilet. It did kinda make me take a crap a lot faster thinking there was something that might get me. One time a palmetto bug crawled out from under the inside of the toilet and scared the sh*t out of me....litterly...lol.

I guess as a child really nothing fased me. I watched all of the 70's and 80's horror films with my mom and the 50's and 60's with my dad and nothing really gave me nightmares.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Living Dead

Regan from the Exorcist when she became fully possessed and rising off of beds...the demonic voice scared me too...I still can't watch it without looking away
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Welcome to Earf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rela1024 View Post
Regan from the Exorcist when she became fully possessed and rising off of beds...the demonic voice scared me too...I still can't watch it without looking away
Same. Only movie to ever have that effect on me.

Twitter(s): @ThethINKTankPro @FrankEnsteinSMU

DeviantArt: CountDropkick

Check out some of my art work on my new collaboritve blog with writer Dave Caswell: thebleedcomics.com
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Immortal horror fan

Freddy - I didn't want to go to sleep after watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street. And the version on TV was cut too.

Jason - I try my best not to think of Jason when I'm in the woods. And I'm certainly not messing around with any girls in the woods. There was a time when Jason started to became a bit of a joke and entertaining. But when he actually showed up in one of my dreams and I couldn't get away. It wasn't a joke anymore. I woke up in a cold sweat after getting an axe to the face.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Little Boo

Gunnar Hansen's portrayal of Leatherface in TCM stands head and shoulders above any masked killer with a butcher knife, for me at least. Hansen prepared for the role by spending time in an aslyum until no-one could tell the difference twixt him and the real inmates. He brought to that character a sense of pathos which only makes Leatherface even more terrifying. His role remains the most convincing portrayal, not only of that character, but of any movie villain.

The film was released in 1974. All these years on, no-one has surpassed Hansen's performance of the horror archetype that has come to be known as "the masked killer".
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Living Dead

I can honestly say no Horror Movie Figure has ever kept me awake or particularly scared me that much.

I did freak a bit as a 12 year old when I woke up in the night (i had a black and white bunk bed, and a cabinet full of porcelain dolls) I thought Samara from The Ring was stood watching me. This was a few days after I'd watched the movie and that did freak me out.

I did manage to find a nearly deserted camp site that had a Friday the 13th essence to it.. but I LOVED that.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Wishmaster

Dr Decker and Peloquin from Nightbreed, Pinhead, Skeksis from Jim Henson's Dark Crystal (I don't care what they say, this was a horror film).
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 AM
BOOGEYMAN'S BACK !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post

It's the ones that can really exist in this world of ours that scare me the most
HENRY !!! (Amazing Man / Amazing Actor) = that mind of his, might be scarier then any role he portrays !!!

If I was voting for a winner it would go to NEWB !!!

The real, MAN IN THE MIRROR is way more terrifying then anything the mind can imagine.

That's why I'm so scary, because when I look in the mirror all those fictional guys could exist in that brain of mine at one point in time, ahh the fragile human mind !!!

But mine is a little mushier then others. :D

First two lines that should come out of your mouth towards your lady, after a long day at work ! :eek:
JK :p
I ain't afraid of NO GHOST! OK, maybe just a little!

Last edited by H3orH3D_Script4U; 03-02-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 AM
SofaKingComfy

Freddie from the very 1st “a nightmare on Elm Street” was a pretty terrifying dude. From the 2nd movie on, he was a shallow, one-liner. It was a shame really. It seems that whenever Hollywood sees something truly terrifying, everyone has to put their fingers in it and make it asinine.

For me, Jaws really scared the hell out of me. It made me not go past my knees in the water, at the beach, for years.

If were talking about slashers, for some reason I always had an affinity for Jason Voorhees. I'm not sure why.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Scares Little Kids

any movie with creepy kids, village of the damned, the others, the sixth sense, children of the corn (1984), yeesh they make me wanna sit on an x-ray machine and welcome sterility...