Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Evil Dead

I've always loved part II with Dennis Hopper, more than any of the other movies - I remember the day after I watched it for the first time, my dad served me a plate of pasta with meat sauce for dinner, and I almost couldn't eat it :D
Old 07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

My Texas Chainsaw Rundown:

Part 1 is a classic and everyone should see it, but I'm pretty much burnt out on it and haven't really felt like watching it in years. It doesn't have the re-watchability of the others for me. Marilyn Burns screaming for pretty much an hour straight just gets on my nerves.

Part 2 & 3 are my favorites. I never get tired of either. I could watch them pretty much any day of the week. Nice breaks in the horror with offbeat comedy and great characters.

Part 4: The Next Generation grows on you. The first time I saw it I thought wtf? But after watching it several more times it's really grown on me over the years. Matthew McConaughey's character gets better and better with repeated viewings.

The Remake & The Beginning didn't do much for me. The Beginning had R. Lee Ermey which made it enjoyable in spots but beyond that I haven't felt the need to watch either more than twice.

As far as Texas Chainsaw 3D I agree with Elvis_Christ. If you can get past the plot holes and continuity errors and just kind of watch it as it's own separate movie than it can be entertaining in spots.

Last edited by realdealblues; 07-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Dean of Death

I have only read the first post so far, so if I repeat what others said I am sorry. Tobe Hooper's initial film is a genius work of horror. The first sequel is a genius work of comedic parody. After that the films are crap up until TCM the Beginning. That one begins to recapture the terror that Hooper started in the 70s.

Now on to read this thread
Old 07-02-2013, 10:55 PM
ventricle

I was a fan of the original TCSM film, and I saw part 2 in the theatre. I thought it was a horrible movie. I wasn't alone in that assessment, that is by the critiques of fans and critics alike. It was a long time ago, so forgive my lack of details, but basically, it seemed to lack any point to it. It was like a exploitation of the original, without any of the life of the original. But happy to hear anyone enjoyed it.