Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Hellraiser

^ Awesome, thank you :D Will find that movie, I think I've seen the dvd before but after watching how crappy The Beginning was (and also wasn't fond of Heretic and part III) I thought it would be crappy too.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Exactly why do people hate Diary of the Dead so much? Most answers I have heard are really ambiguous. I actually thought it was one of the most brilliant zombie films and I am not even a big fan of that sub-genre. I especially liked all the political and moral messages. So, I was just wondering if someone could explain why they hated this film so much.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Friday The 13th - Jason Goes To Hell was the weakest entry for me.

Halloween - Rob Zombie's H2. Absolutely Hated that movie! If you don't count the remakes, then Resurrection.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - The Remake. If you don't count the remake, then Wes Craven's New Nightmare is the weakest for me.

Saw - I've seen all the Saw movies one time with the exception of the first movie which I've seen several times. I can't really remember which was whch so it's tough to say.

Scream - Tough, but I will say 3.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Texas Chainsaw 3D just for the total disregard of all logic.

Alien - Alien 3.

Predator - Predators

Phantasm - I love them all but if I had to choose a weakest entry I guess it would be 4.

Evil Dead - Haven't seen the remake yet. From the original trilogy, I love them all, but I probably watch Part 2 the least.

Hellraiser - All of them after Bloodline.

Child's Play - Seed Of Chucky

Final Destination - I've only seen the first 3.

Children of The Corn - Genesis

Creepshow - Creepshow 3

Return of the Living Dead - Everything after Part 3.

Poltergeist - 3rd one is the weakest.

The Exorcist - Heretic: The Exorcist II, one of the most boring films in history.

Subspecies - It's been too long but probably 4.

Living Dead - Survival Of The Dead was the weakest for me.

Ones I didn't see mentioned yet:

Leprechaun - Back 2 Tha Hood

Warlock - Warlock 3

Amityville - It's been a while but probably Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes

Jaws - Jaws 4: The Revenge

Wrong Turn - Wrong Turn 5 probably.

Feast - Probably Feast 3.

Sleepaway Camp - Probably Sleepaway Camp 3
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
Friday The 13th - Jason Goes To Hell was the weakest entry for me.

Halloween - Rob Zombie's H2. Absolutely Hated that movie! If you don't count the remakes, then Resurrection.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - The Remake. If you don't count the remake, then Wes Craven's New Nightmare is the weakest for me.

Saw - I've seen all the Saw movies one time with the exception of the first movie which I've seen several times. I can't really remember which was whch so it's tough to say.

Scream - Tough, but I will say 3.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Texas Chainsaw 3D just for the total disregard of all logic.

Alien - Alien 3.

Predator - Predators

Phantasm - I love them all but if I had to choose a weakest entry I guess it would be 4.

Evil Dead - Haven't seen the remake yet. From the original trilogy, I love them all, but I probably watch Part 2 the least.

Hellraiser - All of them after Bloodline.

Child's Play - Seed Of Chucky

Final Destination - I've only seen the first 3.

Children of The Corn - Genesis

Creepshow - Creepshow 3

Return of the Living Dead - Everything after Part 3.

Poltergeist - 3rd one is the weakest.

The Exorcist - Heretic: The Exorcist II, one of the most boring films in history.

Subspecies - It's been too long but probably 4.

Living Dead - Survival Of The Dead was the weakest for me.

Ones I didn't see mentioned yet:

Leprechaun - Back 2 Tha Hood

Warlock - Warlock 3

Amityville - It's been a while but probably Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes

Jaws - Jaws 4: The Revenge

Wrong Turn - Wrong Turn 5 probably.

Feast - Probably Feast 3.

Sleepaway Camp - Probably Sleepaway Camp 3
Personally, I agree with most of your list for the worst film in each series, except for one of the choices. Your Nightmare choice. Why exactly do you think that that is the worst? Personally, I loved that movie, it is one of the few, if not only, slasher movie that can actually scare. Additionally, I thought the idea was very unique and thus liked that a lot as well (especially how the people involved in the movie all played themselves). Additionally, the atmosphere and acting was really top-notch, in my opinion. I find it very surprising that this would be your least favorite film in that series. Plus, the remake was pretty terrible (I will not even go into why I hated it so much because I could write a book) and while the sequels were not atrocious (with, in my opinion the exception of two, which I thought was quite atrocious), they were not really that good either with the exception of three and, of course, New Nightmare. At least that is my opinion. So, anyway, why is New Nightmare your least favorite (I am just curious)?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
Personally, I agree with most of your list for the worst film in each series, except for one of the choices. Your Nightmare choice. Why exactly do you think that that is the worst? Personally, I loved that movie, it is one of the few, if not only, slasher movie that can actually scare. Additionally, I thought the idea was very unique and thus liked that a lot as well (especially how the people involved in the movie all played themselves). Additionally, the atmosphere and acting was really top-notch, in my opinion. I find it very surprising that this would be your least favorite film in that series. Plus, the remake was pretty terrible (I will not even go into why I hated it so much because I could write a book) and while the sequels were not atrocious (with, in my opinion the exception of two, which I thought was quite atrocious), they were not really that good either with the exception of three and, of course, New Nightmare. At least that is my opinion. So, anyway, why is New Nightmare your least favorite (I am just curious)?
The idea was interesting but I just didn't think it was done all that well. The interaction between Nancy and Robert and Wes just didn't seem real. They felt like actors pretending to know each other. The pacing was slow, bordering on boring and I found the kid really annoying. I didn't really find anything scary in it. There were just less positives for me compared to the other films in the series.

Then again I've always been in the minority when it comes to the Nightmare On Elm St. franchise. My favorite entry is Part 2: Freddy's Revenge. That movie is deeper and darker on soooo many different levels than any other in the franchise. Unfortunately only the director, a few members of the cast and myself seem to get it...lol.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Evil Dead

I like Freddy's Revenge as well, always considered it one of the better chapters of the series.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:08 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
Exactly why do people hate Diary of the Dead so much? Most answers I have heard are really ambiguous. I actually thought it was one of the most brilliant zombie films and I am not even a big fan of that sub-genre. I especially liked all the political and moral messages. So, I was just wondering if someone could explain why they hated this film so much.
I found the voiceover to be really poorly-written, turgid, and insipid. Instead of letting the audience come to its own conclusions about the world that the movie depicts, it spells it out for you - I don't like being treated like an idiot.

Are we worth saving? You tell me.

*GAG*

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Evil Dead

I haven't seen Diary Of The Dead yet but the general consensus seems to be that it was a disappointment.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
I haven't seen Diary Of The Dead yet but the general consensus seems to be that it was a disappointment.
I think you should still check it out if you can because I think it is good. At the very least it is entertaining. In my opinion at least.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Evil Dead

I'll give it a chance for sure, I like most of Romero's films as is. I'm an oddball when it comes to the Dead series, but I actually like the original Dawn OTD the least of the ones I've seen thus far (NOTLD 68 and 90, Dawn 78 and 04, Day 85 and Land Of The Dead). It's not a terrible movie and I find it entertaining enough, but I find the overall mood to be rather light and comical compared to the other Dead films and for some reason it doesn't grab me like the other films in the series I've seen thus far do, and I also think it hasn't aged too well. I don't think it's a bad film at all (I'd probably rate it about a 7/10 or so), but I've never been a huge fan of it like so many others I know.

Controversal opinion, I know :o