Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers

Old 01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Little Boo

What scares you? Help a filmmaker out.

Hi, I am an amateur filmmaker and is planning to make a full length (1,5 hours) horror movie.
It is about this girl named Alice and she is a regular student, maybe a bit too boring, and she hasnt got any friends, suddenly she meets a guy named John with charistma and a lot of friends. John invites Alice to some parties and is offered alcohol and light drugs. She also meets some strange characters with conections to John. Its all inspired of Alice in Wonderland where a girl enters a strange and new world. All the characters are supposed to resemble the characters from the book.
Its all good but suddenly she is being followed by a nameless horror with a mask that hides his face. Also she meets a mysterious girl who seems to know something about the masked man but speaks in riddles (cheesy? Yes).
After many encounters (one ending in a close to rape) she needs to face this masked foe once and for all.
The twist is that John is a schizofren and his alter ego is the masked man (but dont tell anyone).
So, Alice is being followed by this guy and now I need some horror into it.
I have thought it trough but since this is my first real project I need som professional ideas, writing a script is tough! And it drains you'r energy quickly.
So, I need idea for scenes.
The setting is a medium city, it's spring and it's vacation.
Please, any ideas for scary scenes or any ideas what so ever will be highly appreceated.
Thank You!
Gilded Hammer Productions
ps: I just wrote the short of things, there is a ton more. DS
Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Cranky

What scares me is people who call themselves writers but can't spell.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
What scares me is people who call themselves writers but can't spell.
I totaly agree, It pisses me off so much, like, there is a guy in my school who says "hey man, look at my new poem" and like it has all of these spelling errors and im like "yeah man, good work" because im such a nice guy I guess.
And if you are reffering to me, I'm swedish.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gro07 View Post
I totaly agree, It pisses me off so much, like, there is a guy in my school who says "hey man, look at my new poem" and like it has all of these spelling errors and im like "yeah man, good work" because im such a nice guy I guess.
And if you are reffering to me, I'm swedish.
Well, that would explain a few things. :p

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Director of the Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorchic Send a message via Yahoo to horrorchic
To be honest, I think the story is interesting, but could easily fall apart. Also if you are writing the script in Swedish then you probably will have less issues with grammar and spelling, but if you do write in English then I recommend trying to provide it to either a fresh English student (all the rules and spelling is still fresh in their mind) or a professional writer/editor. It also maybe a good chance that you can outline it and give it to someone who can write more easily in whatever language you want.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorchic View Post
To be honest, I think the story is interesting, but could easily fall apart. Also if you are writing the script in Swedish then you probably will have less issues with grammar and spelling, but if you do write in English then I recommend trying to provide it to either a fresh English student (all the rules and spelling is still fresh in their mind) or a professional writer/editor. It also maybe a good chance that you can outline it and give it to someone who can write more easily in whatever language you want.
Im actualy writing it in swedish, but thanks for the tips, what do you mean with "easily fall apart"?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Director of the Dead

Well with anything that is drug induced and is about drugs, you can over do it on the delusions, illusions, and general madness. If the audience can never tell where reality begins and the dream-state ends then they most likely will decide that the movie as a whole is a wash. But in a very off chance you could become the next David Lynch, just from Sweden instead, I say go ahead and at least write a tentative script. Point is to try to make the difference discernible.

Though I don't want to deter you from the theme you have chosen, please keep in mind that Alice in Wonderland for the next couple of years maybe over done as a theme, since Burton and now those Kondelik Brothers have developed and started filming Alice movies; I can already tell that the theme is a bit used.

Last edited by horrorchic; 01-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorchic View Post
Though I don't want to deter you from the theme you have chosen, please keep in mind that Alice in Wonderland for the next couple of years maybe over done as a theme, since Burton and now those Kondelik Brothers have developed and started filming Alice movies; I can already tell that the theme is a bit used.
You have a point. Alice in wonderand is quite used... Maybe I'll re-think the concept. Thanks a million.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Director of the Dead

Not a problem, independent film makers have to stick together. Otherwise there is no one there to help us out.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Little Boo

Darn straight. :)

Tags
ideas, love., scary, scenes, script