Old 01-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Misanthrope

Sam Rami

Everyone knows and loves the Evil Dead movies but I was wondering what you all thought about his other movies? I've just recently watched Darkman again and really enjoyed it.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

I remember darkman, damn, that has been a while, i rememberred i loved it then

gotta watch it again
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 01-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Darkman is awesome. One of the best comic book movies that didn't come from a comic book. The Quick and the Dead, A Simple Plan, and The Gift are all really good as well.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
To be perfectly honest i dont care for the evil dead series. Sure they were bloody but there wasnt that much surprise. I found them stupid and irritating but thats just my opinion.

Last edited by KRUGERKID13; 01-19-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:20 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
To be perfectly honest i dont care for the evil dead series. Sure they were bloody but they wasnt that much surprise. I found them stupid and irritating but thats just my opinion.
I agree, evil dead is the kind of movie you either like or hate

if you think, hey they say it's a cool horror movie, you are wrong, the mixture of horror and comedy makes it the cool movie it is, but you have to like it
if you hate the commical effect in the movie, then well . . . .
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Evil Dead

Whether or not Evil Dead is or isn't your thing, I think we can all agree it's well done and a great job application to Hollywood. But Raimi has made one truly HORRIBLE movie: Crimewave!!! Anyone seen this clunker?
Old 01-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Whether or not Evil Dead is or isn't your thing, I think we can all agree it's well done and a great job application to Hollywood. But Raimi has made one truly HORRIBLE movie: Crimewave!!! Anyone seen this clunker?
Crimewave is truly painful, but Raimi only gets half the blame: he made it with the Coen brothers. Don't get me wrong, I love the Coens, but you are right, Dr. K. Crimewave sucks.

More Coen/Raimi connections
- Joel Coen was the cinematographer for Evil Dead.
- In the Coen brothers film O Brother Where Art Thou, check out the cabin at the end, right before the flood. Does it look like the Evil Dead cabin? It's not... but the Coens had one built to look exactly like the Evil Dead cabin! How cool is that?
Old 01-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, it does now that you mention it. I love the Coens. Raimi says when he gets old he's going to release the ultimate Coen docu. Can't wait! O Brother is my favorite comedy of all time.

I love the scene in Blood Simple where McDormand nails Walsh's hand to the wall. Man, that's truly creative madness. Remember when Walsh is bragging about the plastic girl with the blinking nipples hanging from his rear-view mirror? Great stuff.

Raimi's cameo in Miller's Crossing was mucho cool. Did that gun compensate for something?? Hmmmm.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Crimewave's certainly not the best of films, but it does have its moments. Namely Campbell as Renaldo the Heel. One of my favorite character names. And Ted Raimi as the laughing waiter cracks me up every time. It just has a really offbeat sense of humor.

"Maybe I'm a heel who hates guys who hate heels."
Old 01-21-2004, 03:13 AM
Misanthrope

Crimewave could have been better it had to much interference by the studio. The lead was even meant to be played by Bruce Campbell. Heh did anyone post because i spelt Raimi's name wrong i just relised I did :) Speaking of the Cohen brothers Miller's Crossing is a truely amazing movie. Both Raimi and the Cohen brothers come from the school of you either love it it or hate it. Both have done some truely terrible movies/tv programs.... *tries to think of the shitty cowboy thing that Raimi produced* But one thought comes to mind Crimewave isn't as lame as the Hudsucker Proxy maybe Raimi and the Cohens don't mix.