Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2006, 01:45 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Black Christmas (REMAKE)

If you haven't seen it. Here's the trailer.......http://www.blackchristmas.com/
Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

WTF?

Admittedly the original was a little slow-paced and remaking it isn't the worst idea I've heard, but this looks terrible.

On the plus side, at least Andrea Martin came back as the house mother - should have been crazy-ass Margot Kidder:)

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Undead

I'll be going to see this when its released, although my hopes for it have dropped a few notches.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Misanthrope

I'm still waiting for a copy of the original to come in the post. Its either lost or I've been ripped off :(
Old 11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
maybe its just the fact that im a sucker for a really commerical teenybopper hollywood tinsel horror, but too me this movie looks good...but once again it looks like im watching the remake before the original...lol im a remake whore!

but i dont think im going to see it at the movie, ill wait till it comes out on DVD and make my boyfriend hire it out lol

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Evil Dead

what a stupid idea to remake that movie, one of the all time creepiest stalker flicks in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.
Muh shit.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I'm still waiting for a copy of the original to come in the post. Its either lost or I've been ripped off :(
This turned up so I'll watch it in the next couple of days. I liked his other flick Dead Of Night but I thought Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things was terrible.... I dug the ending and the zombies looked cool tho.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:35 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
what a stupid idea to remake that movie, one of the all time creepiest stalker flicks in my books.
I don't know, the pacing was just so slow. And I'm old. It seems like the kind of film that should have a great, tense, and really scary remake - not this shit.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Hellraiser

Angry

cnn had an article about this movie. Said "Christmas Horror Movie Offends Religious Groups". Here's the interesting part from the article (funny they've only seen the trailer and are complaining LMFAO):

"To have a movie that emphasizes murder and mayhem at Christmas, a time of celebration and joy around the world seems to be ill founded," said Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, an organization dedicated to upholding religious freedom and traditional family values.

Jennifer Giroux, who co-founded Operation Just Say Merry Christmas as a way to reclaim the season for Christians, said it was abominable to release this film on Christmas Day.

"The use of religious music -- 'Silent Night' -- and the nativity set on the front porch in one scene are insensitive to Christians," Giroux said after watching the trailer online.

"It's not enough to ignore and omit Christmas, but now it has to be offended, insulted and desecrated. Our most sacred holiday, actually a holy day, is being assaulted."

But Dimension Films was unmoved. In a statement, the company said, "There is a long tradition of releasing horror movies during the holiday season as counter-programming to the more regular yuletide fare. 'Black Christmas' is a remake of a classic 1974 horror movie with a big cult following."

I don't know what links dimension has with cnn, but this is obviously just publicity. I just hate seeing it on the most trusted news source blah blah blah, i mean just put up a fluckin advertisment, don't hide it in some gay article puleez. Subliminal, sneaky bastids! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *Farts then smiles again*
Old 12-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Hellraiser

hey roderick i love that signature quote you have!
"Live life like you're gonna die
Because you're gonna
I hate to be the bearer of bad news
But you're gonna die"

I was totally thinking at the end you could add "cause you've been dying since the day you were born" LOL :p :eek:
good stuff good stuff :D