Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-23-2006, 07:32 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Call of Cthulhu

Once again, I was sure we already had a thread about this, but I'll be damned if I can find it...

Has anyone seen it? I heared about it awhile back and was very interested...recently remembered it and bumped it right to the top of my Ziplist. Here's the description:

Written in 1926, just before the advent of "talking" pictures, The Call of Cthulhu is one of the most famous and influential tales of H.P. Lovecraft, the father of gothic horror. Now the story is brought richly to life in the style of a classic 1920s silent movie, with a haunting original symphonic score. Using the "Mythoscope" process — a mix of modern and vintage techniques, the HPLHS has worked to create the most authentic and faithful screen adaptation of a Lovecraft story yet attempted.
From the cultists of the Louisana bayous to the man-eating non-euclidean geometry of R'lyeh, the HPLHS brings Cthulhu to the screen as it was meant to be seen. Eighteen months of production and a cast of more than 50 actors went into making this film a period spectacle that must seen to be believed.

Does that not soumd amazing? Im really intrigued to see how they managed to put this one to film...could be really hit or miss, but sounds promising.

It should be sent within a week or so (I already have my limit out:o), but as soon as I get it I'll let you guys know what I thought.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Tenant

I wanna see it- it's out of print.

There are a few other Cthulhu movies, but they suck. It's kinda sad, 'cause when I first saw this thread I laughed. The name has earned a bad rep for me.

Lemme know how it is.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I wanna see it- it's out of print.

There are a few other Cthulhu movies, but they suck. It's kinda sad, 'cause when I first saw this thread I laughed. The name has earned a bad rep for me.

Lemme know how it is.
They dont have it on Netflix?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
They dont have it on Netflix?
I'm sure they do...but i had to cancel Netflix for awhile.

I'm sure I'll kick it back up in a couple weeks, and this'll be on it.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Filmmaker

Send a message via AIM to BlackSunProductions
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Though it is not an actual Cthulu film, I found Necronomicon to be fairly entertaining.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Fear scented candle

I am a HUGE lovecraft fan and yet to not be disappointed by a film based on one of his stories.