Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
i guess this is self-explanatory.
what's your #1 guilty pleasure movie?
i don't mean a movie that you think is underrated or under-appreciated, or anything like that. this is a movie that might make your cheeks a little red admitting to really deriving any enjoyment out of it.
and why do you like it? you don't have to try and sell it to us, just what does it do for you?

mine's got to be better off dead. this movie is really too goofy for its own good, and is at times incoherent and nonsensical. i used to get a lot of crap for loving this movie when i was younger. (you really can't make a case for a movie in which, at one point, a hamburger is brought to life by a mad scientist john cusack, and then dances wildly and sings van halen's "everybody wants some" in a california raisins-style animation sequence...except worse)

i think i enjoy this movie because my mom and i would always watch it when i was really young, so just growing up watching it i learned to love it, maybe? i don't know. i just know that i still find it really funny and entertaining.

(i have it on dvd. feel free to give me grief if you want. i understand :D.)
As N.E said, I gave up caring what other think also when it comes to taste in movies. If someone doesn't like it, I generally feel they have no taste then if they persist giving me crap I glass them and throw them out of my house. :D

But on Better of Dead, it is a fave of mine, I remember my brother hiring it back in the 80's and we kept it for 2 weeks instead of one which it was hired for.

It is also a movie I have shown to a lot of girls, and I judge them on weather they like it or not, if a chick doesn't get "Better of Dead" she aint worth worrying about.

I hired it just a few weeks ago actually, ended up returning it without the disc in it, and kept the disc for 3 weeks, watched it about 4 times.

Where's my 2 dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
A list of movies I'm ashamed to admit I liked:

Halloween III Season Of The Witch
Saw II-V
Alien vs. Predator
Freddy vs. Jason
Final Destination 2 and 3
Jeepers Creepers 2
War Of The Worlds (2005)
Hostel 2
Predator 2
Scream 2
and I suppose any M. Night Shyamalan movie (except The Village, I hated that one.)
A lot of people hat "The Village" I liked it, thought it was a good story...

Most of your list seems ok with me aswell, nothing that bad that you should feel guilty about unless that is a list of your favorite flicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Evil Dead

Night Of The Living Dead 68'
The Last Man On Earth
Day Of The Dead(Original)
Dawn Of The Dead(Both)
The Crazies(Both)
My Bloody Valentine(Both)
Creepshow
Tales From The Crypt
Jeepers Creepers
Wrong Turn
The People Under The Stairs

http://www.facebook.com/ArtofTypH
http://www.art-of-typh.blogspot.com/
Old 05-29-2010, 08:30 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

"Four weeks......twenty papers, that's TWO DOLLARS."

Friend....gooooood!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:47 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
As N.E said, I gave up caring what other think also when it comes to taste in movies. If someone doesn't like it, I generally feel they have no taste then if they persist giving me crap I glass them and throw them out of my house. :D

But on Better of Dead, it is a fave of mine, I remember my brother hiring it back in the 80's and we kept it for 2 weeks instead of one which it was hired for.

It is also a movie I have shown to a lot of girls, and I judge them on weather they like it or not, if a chick doesn't get "Better of Dead" she aint worth worrying about.

I hired it just a few weeks ago actually, ended up returning it without the disc in it, and kept the disc for 3 weeks, watched it about 4 times.

Where's my 2 dollars?
Haha. "Didn't ask for a dime. Two dollars. Cash."

That poor movie has been sadly forgotten. In fact, I saw an interview with John Cusack and he was saying that ten or so years after that movie came out, someone came up to him on the street and stopped him. The person didn't say anything other than "Two dollars" and just walked away. He said he had no idea what that meant, and didn't even realize it until a he told the story to a friend and the friend was like, "Yeah, two dollars! From that movie you did!"
So even John Cusack himself forgot about Better Off Dead.