Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
This is a test

DREAM HOUSE 2011

A family move into a new home but find out a woman and her two young children were murdered there. I really enjoyed it.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Spider-Man: Homecoming or Stark Internship (2017)

May be overall not as great as Raimi's Spider-Man 2 but still quite a fun & grounded teen superhero flick for MCU. Loved Tom Holland's take on Spider-Man and Michael Keaton as Vulture. Stark's update on Spidey's new suit (Suit Lady - Karen, voiced by Jennifer Connelly) was somewhat over the top though in the middle segment.

Anyway, another solid Marvel entertainer, the 2nd best superhero flick of the year after LOGAN; by a margin, I guess but now Wonder Woman comes third, IMO.

>>: A-
I give it an A as well. Homecoming is the best Spider-Man film overall, even beating out Spider-Man 2, IMO.

Tom Holland is hands down superb and is the best live action representation of the character, bar none! Tobey Maguire was great as Peter Parker but was ok as Spider-Man.

Andrew Garfield was awesome as Spider-Man and wasn't to bad as Parker but didn't quite capture The Web Singers alter ego.

Holland portrayed both sides of The Wall Crawler to a tee. He showed PP's angst and frustration in his normal, every day life as an unpopular, nerdy kid; getting bullied constantly. But when he slapped on the costume he had SP's wit and humour down pat while still making you realize it was Peter underneath the mask. It's my favorite super-hero movie of the year.

Last edited by Lord Voldemort; 07-07-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Evil Dead

Bride of Chucky
Old 07-08-2017, 11:07 AM
病気の

The Void, 2017. 6/10

Spawn, 1997. 8/10

Old 07-08-2017, 09:07 PM
病気の

A Man Called Ove, 2015. 8/10

Old 07-08-2017, 11:12 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Wonder Woman

I was impressed... out of all the DC films we've gotten in the past decade, this was probably the best I've seen. It was brighter, bolder, and had the strength of a superhero without the overkill on angst that we're so used to seeing from DC these days. The scene were Wonder Woman takes back ''No Man's Land'' still gives me chills thinking about it (how friggin hot she was aside), it was a game changer for superhero movies, and I hope others take note from it and improve.

SPOILERS!! -highlight below to see-
Of course it couldn't last though... The end got REALLY hammy. At one point when Wonder Woman finishes off the bad guy and all should be well but it isn't, she realizes that humans aren't perfect, and sometimes people are just horrible for the sake of being horrible. It was an interesting take and I enjoyed it at that point. But then Aries shows up and it just went to shit. Although I enjoy seeing David Thewlis playing a badass villain... I'm sorry, hun, but you're just not mean to be the God of War.

The movie takes place during WWI, before the evil of Hitler... so how does Aries being DEAD explain any other violence there after? After the big fight soldiers from both sides just start hugging and getting all affectionate, and it seems there's a very obvious difference with Aries's death. It just doesn't make sense. It could've ended on a high note, they instead went a cheesy safe route that just didn't work.

That is to say it's not worth a buy when it comes out on DVD and after a while drops in price. I'll certainly look to grab it to savor that battlefield scene again.

Next up is Thpidah-Mayun!

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-09-2017, 01:04 PM
ventricle

Wonder Woman (2017)
8/10

People were mentioning some surprises, or surprising things, in Wonder Woman. I don't know what they were referring to... ???? The 'who was Ares' was going to be a surprise -- which isn't surprising... I'm assuming people meant something(s) besides that....???

It had a good display of values: love, self sacrifice, peace, and refreshingly... grace. We really don't want to always get exactly what we deserve. In fact we are so fortunate we don't. It's a concept probably little explored these days.

"Wonder Woman as invincible god" -- can't be injured/killed... boring!!!

I always had a problem with characters/superheroes who were basically invincible. It's really boring. LIke Superman fighting another Superman or a Thor... they hit each other in the face... with their fist, or a tank... and what is that supposed to do anyway? It appears to hurt, or stun them... just how exactly is it hurting or stunning them? It's never explained... Can't really be injured or killed by hits, so what's the point, no consequences... it's so boring.

So they are going to have Wonder Woman be a 'god'? She's as strong and invincible as Superman, and doesn't even have a "Kryptonite" to harm her? Boring. These 'invincible superhero' fights are so ridiculous -- like the Wonder Woman Vs Ares fight -- so they smack each other with a tank and it knocks them back without injuring them... why are we watching this? If they have a consequential attack, please just get to it already... we've seen a 1000 of these pointless CG fights already... so boring.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:15 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Wonder Woman

I was impressed... out of all the DC films we've gotten in the past decade, this was probably the best I've seen. It was brighter, bolder, and had the strength of a superhero without the overkill on angst that we're so used to seeing from DC these days. The scene were Wonder Woman takes back ''No Man's Land'' still gives me chills thinking about it (how friggin hot she was aside), it was a game changer for superhero movies, and I hope others take note from it and improve.

SPOILERS!! -highlight below to see-
Of course it couldn't last though... The end got REALLY hammy. At one point when Wonder Woman finishes off the bad guy and all should be well but it isn't, she realizes that humans aren't perfect, and sometimes people are just horrible for the sake of being horrible. It was an interesting take and I enjoyed it at that point. But then Aries shows up and it just went to shit. Although I enjoy seeing David Thewlis playing a badass villain... I'm sorry, hun, but you're just not mean to be the God of War.

The movie takes place during WWI, before the evil of Hitler... so how does Aries being DEAD explain any other violence there after? After the big fight soldiers from both sides just start hugging and getting all affectionate, and it seems there's a very obvious difference with Aries's death. It just doesn't make sense. It could've ended on a high note, they instead went a cheesy safe route that just didn't work.
Well said. I saw the soldiers hugging, but I couldn't tell they were from different sides from the shots... I just kinda assumed it. In actual history... the week of Christmas 1914 French, German, and British soldiers crossed trenches to exchange seasonal greetings, talk, ventured into no man's land on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to mingle and exchange food and souvenirs. There were joint burial ceremonies and prisoner swaps, while several meetings ended in carol-singing. A great F-U to the gods of war.

As far the movie goes with Aries causing war, I think the film was also saying it didn't take much prodding from Aries... so I didn't really wonder about WWII without Aries around... but you know these films, maybe he isn't reallyh dead.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Wonder Woman (2017)
8/10

People were mentioning some surprises, or surprising things, in Wonder Woman. I don't know what they were referring to... ???? The 'who was Ares' was going to be a surprise -- which isn't surprising... I'm assuming people meant something(s) besides that....???

It had a good display of values: love, self sacrifice, peace, and refreshingly... grace. We really don't want to always get exactly what we deserve. In fact we are so fortunate we don't. It's a concept probably little explored these days.

"Wonder Woman as invincible god" -- can't be injured/killed... boring!!!

I always had a problem with characters/superheroes who were basically invincible. It's really boring. LIke Superman fighting another Superman or a Thor... they hit each other in the face... with their fist, or a tank... and what is that supposed to do anyway? It appears to hurt, or stun them... just how exactly is it hurting or stunning them? It's never explained... Can't really be injured or killed by hits, so what's the point, no consequences... it's so boring.

So they are going to have Wonder Woman be a 'god'? She's as strong and invincible as Superman, and doesn't even have a "Kryptonite" to harm her? Boring. These 'invincible superhero' fights are so ridiculous -- like the Wonder Woman Vs Ares fight -- so they smack each other with a tank and it knocks them back without injuring them... why are we watching this? If they have a consequential attack, please just get to it already... we've seen a 1000 of these pointless CG fights already... so boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
As far the movie goes with Aries causing war, I think the film was also saying it didn't take much prodding from Aries... so I didn't really wonder about WWII without Aries around... but you know these films, maybe he isn't reallyh dead.
lolz! Valid points though. On other thing that lately I was thinking about DC films is about its Villains. From MAN OF STEEL to the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE...so far most of villains were either extraterrestrial, supernatural or mythological super human character(s). The thing is other than psychotic Luthor in BvS, DC is throwing villains with otherworldly abilities or characteristics. This may get somewhat 'boring' in time or 'less interesting' than Marvel where you can find a good number of human character villains also leading the main bad guy role in MCU i.e. Iron Man films, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and lastly Spider-Man: Homecoming which is providing diversity in stories, characters & their settings.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Black Butterfly (2017)

It was a good change for Banderas to see him in the role of a broke, failed writer but the young actor Jonathon Rhys Meyers mainly steals the show in his psychotic drifter character until the 2-part "twisted endings" emerged at the finale. The first twist was kinda nonsensical or exaggerated. The 2nd or the final twist was just awful! The kind of a WTF ending that would make you feel "why the hell I wasted my time watching this shit?!"

>>: C-

Personal Shopper (2016)

A dull film (like Kristen Stewart was throughout this & most other films) about one or two little ghostly encounters and her character texting messages on her phone most of the time!

>>: D

Tags
movie