Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 AM
HDC Idol

I like this one:

I assume it's yours? Really dig the style... Only spent a couple of minute on the site - Anything else in that style?

Wish I had a bit more talent - Would love to be able to show off my stuff.

Good luck with your site - It's going to be hard to compete with sites like deviantART. Some of the artists that hang around here have deviantART accounts.

Just a suggestion - Maybe share more about what you're trying to do with your site? I'm sure that people who are artists are probably wary about giving out their works to a stranger - You know, copyrights and all that stuff. Plus, if your site is more like deviantART, then you might want to say what distinguishes yourself. Like, maybe you have better SEO so that someone doing a Google search will come across your site faster.

Just a suggestion - I think that you might have a hard time getting people to submit their work if they're already using a site to post their stuff. Maybe say why your site is a "better" option?

Anyway - Good luck.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
You say everyone you have ran into has been nothing but a dick to you. You've made 3 posts. Troll much? Whats happenin' Captain(spaulding)?
I don't think it's Spalding - Not his MO. This is just some dude who wants to start a horror art website.

Sure, technically he's SPAMMING, but he posted in the right forum (as opposed to going directly to the General Forum OR posting in three different places) and he's trying to start an art site - Not another forum that would compete or take Users away from here.

I agree that, sure, people would be more receptive if he had started by posting here and allowing people to get to know him... But I don't think that he's trolling or being malicious.

We've been pretty tense and angry around here lately (me included), but I don't really think that frighteningicon deserves it.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:45 AM
That fucking Guy...

OK, I've said many times to many people, without abusing them myself at all...that if you want someone to participate in something, you're not just going to walk up to a complete stranger and ask for assistance...hell, a lot of people will walk on by as a person's getting their ass kicked...with the internet being even MORE anonymous, everyone's a stranger. If you have not frequented same sites, and have not talked to them before, and have not contributed to something they're involved in, generally speaking the inclination is simply not there to throw out a helping hand.
When it comes to submitting original art as well, I can see why people would be apprehensive and in all honesty I'm not sure how you'd get around that - the assumption I'd have is that anything I'd submit would be plagiarised to all hell the moment it was online...so yeah, any actual artists...might be a little difficult to try and sell the idea of your site to, unless it were to actually sell original works or something...

That said,

Quote:
Well I have been to many other horror websites and art website as well and
yet everone has been real helpful to me.
I would really like to see proof of this, yknow, proof dated before today, and live links to it...just out of interest. Because while I have the idea you want people to sympathise with your cause and feel bad if they don't help, I'm afraid I have to call bullshit on quite the level of help you claim to have attained.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by frighteningicon View Post
I am a trying to start my own horror movie website
what would be a good way to get people to submit art to my site?
I am trying to make the art galley real good compared to
other horror movie websites.
Nope, can't imagine why anyone would get upset about this.:rolleyes:

Bad manners.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by frighteningicon View Post
Well I have been to many other horror websites and art website as well and
yet everone has been real helpful to me. in till I came to this site. everone
I have ran in to has been nothing but a dick the fact is I don't remember asking
anyone opinion.I ask if people wanted me to help them get there art out there
for people to see, and if you can't draw I don't know why your even posting a mesage
I am not looking to talk to talentless person like yourself
At least I can spell. Bam!!! Now you look all silly and stuff on the internetz.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Little Boo

Thumbs up

http://frighteningicons.com/ yes ChronoGrl that picture is mine it was one of jason from the new blood I do have alot of artwork like that that I haven't posted yet. nice to know you liked it I will post more as soon as I can.