Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Little Boo

Unhappy Anyone know what obscure horror novel I'm thinking of is?

I read it as a child so it's no older than the mid to late 90's but probably far older. It was an adult book, I just read far above my level

Something to do with a sinister woman who was old but posed as a child. She deceived people and posed as the neice or the grandaughter of the woman she actually was or something like that for some sinister reason. Not sure if she killed people or what, didn't seem magical in any way, more like a disability.

It was one of those cheap horror books that one of those random horror book companies pumped out. My grandmother had a bunch of them when I was a kid and most of them were pretty disturbing in different parts

I think her motivation was inheritance, inheriting her own stuff or something but in a horror setting

Sorry for the vague, random, unhelpful sypnosis
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Little Boo

Chances are you've never heard anything about that book, here's another I'm looking for

Psycological Horror anthology for young adults, late 90's or early 2000's
Stories involved

.a woman going crazy, believing her husband was having an affair with her friend, alphabetical craziness, some kind of code

. A skin horse? Could be another animal but definitely "skin"

. A woman has a bad egg situation where she has to deal with her sister's kids and she has bad feelings about them and eventually her own child dies, and then the other, both apparently at the kids hands. Story often relates to a bird laying it's bad eggs in another bird's eggs and the chicks killing the natural chicks

The anthology was called 'The witches folly' or something like that but I can't find it anywhere online