Old 03-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Dripping of Brain Matter

Suspiria would be my pick, I think it has the plot, acting, directing and soundtrack that creates the perfect terror.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna122003 View Post
Are you sure this is really worth to watched? Is this really scary?
Nah, it's not scary at all (Art the Devil 2 at least since I haven't seen the first one). Rather cheesy but there's some really violent torture scenes near the end of the movie. Far from a classic but it deserves to be seen.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Evil Dead

I will try all the movies you have listed. Im looking for a "scary" movie more or less than a good/brutal/gory/masterpeice. I understand Suspiria is a "masterpeice" but is a it a good "freaky", "scary" movie. Im actually watching my first ever foreign film today, Ju-On. I saw the first half last night but I kind of fell asleep so I will finish it later today. First time Ive ever fell asleep watching a movie. It was late so thats probably why. Im trying to get the full affect by watching it at night. Im tryin my best here to get freaked out but I was disappointed with the first half. I heard it was better than the The Grudge and so far it isn't. Hopefully it will get better the 2nd half, we'll see.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Evil Dead

if you prefer the grudge to ju on i will be very surprised. maybe the subtitles aren't doing it for you or you were too tired to start a movie that requires a bit of concentration but i would definitely advise watching it in the right frame of mind. you may just be depriving yourself of what is in most peoples opinions one of the greats. up there with suspiria, the exorcist, omen, tcm, alien etc, etc.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
if you prefer the grudge to ju on i will be very surprised. maybe the subtitles aren't doing it for you or you were too tired to start a movie that requires a bit of concentration but i would definitely advise watching it in the right frame of mind. you may just be depriving yourself of what is in most peoples opinions one of the greats. up there with suspiria, the exorcist, omen, tcm, alien etc, etc.
Well, I finished watching it. It didn't do anything for me. I think one main reason is because I have seen The Grudge well over 5 times and I saw Grudge 2 twice. So I think I'm just all around sick of the movie and Ju-On is similiar to Grudge so that is one huge reason. Subtitles actually didn't bother me as much as I had expected. One thing that bugged the hell outa me was every character looked the same. Maybe its just me but foreign people look the same to me. Obviously not identical but sometimes I didn't know who was who. I will admit Ju-On was better than The Grudge but it wasn't fantastic. Gotta love the stair scene. I just miss the days where I was so scared to watch the movie I had to look away or cover my eyes. I just want a movie that will do that to me again, sadly I dont think that day will ever come.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
you will like th eye more and a tail of two sisters and try phone and the red shoes .
I am going to watch Tale Of Two Sisters in about an hour.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Not really scary but I did enjoy One Missed Call (original) and thought it had a great concept and great direction.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Evil Dead

does the passion count as a foreign movie as it's in hebrew? its a great horror
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
does the passion count as a foreign movie as it's in hebrew? its a great horror
Where do you get at Passion Of the Christ being a horror movie? I have seen this movie and it is far from that. This is an outstanding movie. If anything I would consider it falling in the "drama" category.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Where do you get at Passion Of the Christ being a horror movie? I have seen this movie and it is far from that. This is an outstanding movie. If anything I would consider it falling in the "drama" category.
it falls into the category of judao-christian historical exploitation torture for the love of god put the fucking guy out of his misery was that a short appearance from beelzebub horror. at least, i think thats what it is. i'll be the first to admit its a niche category but you must concede it does have a lot of horror ingredients
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep