Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 04-26-2018, 06:08 AM
This is a test

Not this time, lol.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Wow, Luv, we think alike. After a posted my question to you, I remembered the Czech and Slovakia officials, likely prompted by their tourist constituents, said they were offended by the portrayal. And they should speak up, great opportunity to shop tourism to the Czech Republic and Slovakia...

If you pointed this out, I would have remarked that it's rather silly because it's not like Texas were offended by the portrayal of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre... cause not only is it fiction, every place has bad places or bad people...

But I forgot about the kids killing for bubblegum... I guess that would make people think the country was desperately depraved.

I like the director, Roth's response...

...throw fellow Americans' ignorance under the bus. Unfortunately, most Americans don't know Czech and Slovakia exist, along with 90% of the other countries of the world.

Unfortunately Americans are pretty ignorant about what really goes on in the rest of the world (probably because our education system sucks), but that shouldn't excuse movies like Hostel. Also I personally get offended by movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Deliverance because I'm actually from the South and I hate how we are always portrayed in those kind of movies. But who cares, right?