Old 03-21-2012, 04:51 AM
That fucking Guy...

There is.
Look up "Sega Mega Drive Classic Collection".
There's like four of them...I'm sure you'd have the ability to make it run through a standard USB gamepad as well - and not being emulated, these should actually play and look like they're supposed to.

Quote:
Haven't played any of the Streets Of Rage games in years couldn't you in the 2player option beat each other up?
One of them has a "duel" mode, they might all have it, who knows.

Quote:
I don't think you could do that on any of the Golden Axe games.
You could, same thing, at least one of them has a duel mode.

Though in both of them, you can actually hurt eachother - every time I play one with the girl, I always hit her and she hates it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Banned

SSX

Having fun with this one...the sense of speed is fantastic

Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've been playing through a "Streets of Rage" marathon on the "Ultimate Megadrive collection" on 360.
I've beat #1 and #2, about half way through #3 now.

the game that got me into the genre - Double Dragon

Might put on "Castlevania - Lords of Shadow" for a bit.
Not a bad game so far though it's very God of War....I'm not really loving it, but for some reason I'm compelled to finish it.
I was able to download the complete Streets of Rage fan remake before SEGA shut them down. I haven't played it yet but it's supposed to be really good. SEGA is for the most part incompetent these days. They knew fans were making the remake and allowed them to finish the game only to get their lawyers involved when people were enjoying the game.

I foolishly sold my original Streets of Rage cart because I thought that the SEGA CD version would have better music. I'll have to get that again. I still own Streets of Rage 2 on cart and the uncut Streets of Rage 3 on Mega Drive. There is a good Yuzo Koshiro Bare Knuckle Allmix track out there on the Net.

There was a cool Double Dragon poster released a few weeks ago by Rhys Cooper. I tried attaching the image but for some reason it's not working. A simple search should bring it up. The poster glows in the dark too. The Double Dragon version on GBA is pretty good.

The God of War and Hideo Kojima influence on Castlevania is the reason I haven't purchased the game yet. I'm curious as I love the Castlevania series and will get the game eventually. But the abundance and formulaic nature of the portable titles on GBA and DS of which I've played and finished the three GBA titles. I have the DS titles sitting here waiting to be played soon. Add in the poor PS2 main titles and you have a company that was killing a great series. Castlevania 1, 2, 3, Super Castlevania 4, Dracula X, and Nocturne in the Moonlight/Symphony of the Night (although way too easy) are all great games.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Misanthrope

Found the Sega Classics collection for PC. So awesome! Gonna get baked and play the fuck out of it this weekend :D
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis_christ View Post
found the sega classics collection for pc. So awesome! Gonna get baked and play the fuck out of it this weekend :d
lol

You go girl!!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
That fucking Guy...

Elvis - If it's on there, play Shining Force.
It's IMO just one of the best top-down strategy/rpgs there has ever been.
The collection I have has #1 and #2 on it.
Though on a disappointing front, I think there was a #3 that was only released in two parts on Sega Saturn? Might be in Japanese only?

Though don't let that take away from the first one, it's a great game.
Not sure bout the second, never played it, but a lot of people say it's even better.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
No, fuck YOU

Tried the demo for "Mass Effect 3 "earlier today.

No, not a game for me.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Little Boo

Games

Mario bros.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Elvis - If it's on there, play Shining Force.
It's IMO just one of the best top-down strategy/rpgs there has ever been.
The collection I have has #1 and #2 on it.
Though on a disappointing front, I think there was a #3 that was only released in two parts on Sega Saturn? Might be in Japanese only?

Though don't let that take away from the first one, it's a great game.
Not sure bout the second, never played it, but a lot of people say it's even better.
Shining Force 2 is my all time ever fave game I must have played it all the way through on the hardest setting several times and never get sick of it. If You loved Shining Force you will love it-you have more freedom to move around and it's no longer in chapters. It's too easy on the "normal" setting though make sure you play it on one of the harder settings. There was also a Shining Force 3 on the Sega Saturn. That game was quite different though they tried to make it 3D which meant you moved a lot slower plus they took it back to the chapter format. Sadly it was done in 3 scenario's with Scenario 1 being the only one available outside Japan at the time so never played the other scenarios.

On the other points thanks I'll try and get some two USB port pads as I'd rather revisit the old golden axe and streets of rage series without the Mac's keyboard.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM
No, fuck YOU

I can say with almost 95% guarantee that i'll be playing "Silent Hill: Downpour" tomorrow.

At what time all depends on the hangovers.

But i got all things lined up for the event. Pizza, snacks and beer. So... see ya in half a week!! :D